Bethpage Camp Resort Urbanna Va.

oldmannj

Spent a week at bethpage the first week of October 2012. Absolutely fabulous CG. Although the SUPER sites weren't all that super, I'd go back in a minute. The lower cost sites were spacious and plentiful. The grounds were beautiful and extremely well groomed. On top of that these folks wrote the book on southern hospitality!!!! Well stocked camp store with many prices for goods LOWER than local stores. Although we didn't get to cruise on the bethpager (they shut down after labor day) there is a river cruise which seasonals told me is great as well. If your planning a vacation in the coastal Va. area you'd be lacking if you didn't at least consider this CG. They also have a sister CG about 25 miles south on the water as well. Grey's Point is nice as well and similarly well groomed. ED

jnbhobe

If I remember right they wouldn't even return a call to JB about them hosting a 2014 national rally there. I have stayed there its a nice place. Our site was just inside the gate to the left, they have lots of sites.

beasleyrl

Here hoping that it's still there when Sandy gets done with us!
I sure hope so! We have a seasonal site at BethPage this year and our Cyclone is there as I type this. Closed it all up and put everything inside on Saturday. Guess we'll find out this weekend!

Miller0758

Bethpage was great however I didn't like all the golf carts that were taken over by the teens at night ... got pretty dangerous with the little ones running around.

porthole

Retired
Bethpage was great however I didn't like all the golf carts that were taken over by the teens at night

That was an issue at the NJ rally last week. Enough so that for the first time I actually wrote a note to the campground when we got home. Didn't hear back though. Guess maybe they didn't like my additional comments about the speed their workers travel through the campground.

Rottiesmom

New York Chapter Leader - retired
Good for you Duane I agree people in cars & golf carts drove to fast had to watch carefully when walking Hanna & Samson

TomSt

Past New Jersey Chapter Leader
I wish someone had said something to me about this problem. I would have been able to take it directly to Jay, the owner to address. I will try to remember this for next year.

porthole

Retired
Tom you probably retired too early to see the kids with carts and your location had you insulated somewhat from the fast moving workers.