Corian Countertops

jpmorgan37

Polishing the Corian countertops helps in the appearance and prolongs the luster. We have used a product called SCI from Stone Care International for the past five or six years. We bought it at Home Depot, but just ran out and looked on the web for a replacement and the best price we found was on e-Bay. An 8 oz bottle should last for a couple of years, but they also have it in a half gallon size. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/STONE-CARE-INTE...ryZ20606QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I also found this link that give a lot of good information on maintaining and repairing Corian. Sorry that it is from a HR website, but the information is good: http://www.holidayrambler.com/holidays/archive/02novedec/corian.html

John

nhunter

I couldn't find the section on how to repair damage from using a sharp steak knife to pry apart frozen hamburger patties and accidentally driving the knive into the countertop. Sure would like to find it:rolleyes:

jpmorgan37

nhunter;

It's all the way at the bottom.

For working on the high-gloss surface finish, carefully sand with 400-grit paper on a sanding block. When the scratch or cut has nearly been eliminated, wipe the surface with a damp cloth to remove the dust left from sanding, then switch to 600-grit sandpaper and continue working until the blemish is gone. Finish by buffing the surface with white polishing compound and a low-speed (1,500 to 2,000 rpm) polisher equipped with a wool pad. The final phase is to apply a countertop wax.
The important thing to remember is that different finishes require slightly different care, and before you take any action on a massive scale, make sure that you are not damaging the Corian. Following these steps and with regular care, this beautiful material should stay that way for the life of your coach.

Hope this helps,

John

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
JP, We went to Home Depot and got that SCI cleaner it works great.:D After I cleaned the counter top Kenny put his hands on it to do some thing and his hand slid and he almost fell it was quite funny. Thanks Kathy

jpmorgan37

Kathy;

Did you get the polish or the cleaner or both. We use both, but only use the cleaner occasionally. We use the polish frequently, and you are right, it does make it a great surface to do the soft shoe. :>)

John

nhunter

I think mine needs to be filled as I drove the knife point first into the counter and had to physically pull it out.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
JP, We got both to I used both the first time I cleaned it well the only time I really thank you the counter just shines. Kathy

jpmorgan37

nhunter;

If you will scrape a little from an inconspicuous place into a fine powder and mix it with some 2 part epoxy, then fill the stab wound. Let it cure for a few days and then use the 400 grit wet paper and a sanding block to level it, then proceed with the directions, it should be barely detectable.

John

jpmorgan37

nhunter,

Get the clear two part epoxy. Any hardware store or Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart will have it. I've done hot tubs, bath room fixtures, ceramic tile, formica and other stuff this way and it is hardly detectible.

John