2011 Heartland Greystone 32RL

Sberger

Hi, I am thinking of buying a used 2011 Heartland Greystone 32RL from a local RV dealer who took it in on trade. It seems to be in new condition. Is there any concerns about this model trailer that I should be aware of? We have a very nice CrossRoads PREP 28' travel trailer that is 6810lbs and I have a 2001 Chevrolet 2500HD Silverado 6.6L Diesel that pull it great. Any information on this trailer would be very helpful.

danemayer

Hi Sberger,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of helpful information here, along with a bunch of friendly people who are willing to share what they've learned.

I'm sure some of our Greystone owners will jump in shortly to let you know what they think of their 32RLs and other Greystones.

With any new or used purchase, I'd suggest doing a very thorough inspection before signing off on the deal. Check the operation and condition of everything, inside and out. If you find anything that needs to be corrected, make sure you get it fixed before you sign off. Repairs and adjustments will be done quickly before you take delivery. After you take delivery, you'll just be another customer in the service queue.

With most resales, you're buying the trailer in "as is" condition. Even though the unit may be hardly used and may look almost new, the original warranties generally don't apply to a 2nd owner. If the dealer is promising to provide any kind of warranty, make sure you have it in writing, and read it before buying. If they're offering to transfer an existing extended warranty policy that the original owner bought, check with the issuing company to make sure it can be transferred, and what has to be done, by whom, to effect the transfer. Then make sure it gets done.

Kbvols

Hey Sberger

i can't weigh in too much on the 32 RL but I have the same truck/model yr etc pull a Greystone 33 QS and like you moved up from a similar size Travel Trailer your truck will pull the 32 RL just fine if you decide to purchase.