Discussion about Convection Oven session during Goshen Rally

JJnVA

Hey Jim, After talking with several other women Heartland owners who want to be able to use all of their Fiver kitchen features, we have a suggestion for a session during the rally: Ways to use the convection feature of our microwave ovens - for those of us who have the microwave convection combo oven and haven't ventured into using the convection feature because we need instructions from those who have done it! Maybe an informal roundtable type discussion with a session leader from one of the multitude of experts amongst us Heartland owners who always uses their microwave to bake, roast, defrost and cook all of their meals. Recipes to share would also be great. Many Thx for considering this.....Judi

jbeletti

Re: 2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

Hey Jim, After talking with several other women Heartland owners who want to be able to use all of their Fiver kitchen features, we have a suggestion for a session during the rally: Ways to use the convection feature of our microwave ovens - for those of us who have the microwave convection combo oven and haven't ventured into using the convection feature because we need instructions from those who have done it! Maybe an informal roundtable type discussion with a session leader from one of the multitude of experts amongst us Heartland owners who always uses their microwave to bake, roast, defrost and cook all of their meals. Recipes to share would also be great. Many Thx for considering this.....Judi

Hi Judi,

Are you saying a round table discussion amongst the ladies to chat about using the convection ovens with special emphasis on success stories, ideas and tips?

I think it's worth floating out there IF we can can a core group of ladies with success stories to volunteer as contributors.

Jim

Noobie

2013 Goshen Rally - Discussion Thread

I'm not a female but I do a lot of cooking and would be interested in this

JJnVA

Hi Judi,

Are you saying a round table discussion amongst the ladies to chat about using the convection ovens with special emphasis on success stories, ideas and tips?

I think it's worth floating out there IF we can can a core group of ladies with success stories to volunteer as contributors.

Jim
You got my drift perfectly, Jim, on a round-table discussion! I'm sure we can count on enough cooks out there to share their successes with others.....including the male cooks! If you need my assistance in coordinating any of this before and at the rally, just let me know. Thanks.

Why not try to set up a 1 or 2 hr. Seminar on Convection Oven Cooking.
This could be done by one of the Convection Oven Manufacturers.
If you could get a Chef, that would be better yet.
This would be open to everyone.
Many of us guys like to cook also.

Hockster.

====================================================================================================================================

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired

Hockster.

====================================================================================================================================

I like this idea too -

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired

Would this include a 1/2 time oven too? If so count me in. Mine is a 1/2 time convection and a microwave and more some I have not used and would love to talk to folks that might have.

Bighorn55

Would be very interested in this...we have the 1/2 time oven and microwave....we are hopefully going to be doing longer trips which would mean more cooking and less eating out. So I would love to get some cooking tips.

chasdvorak

My wife loves her Half Time oven.....cooks everything from home made cakes to entire meals in that thing. Sometimes I think she likes the oven more than me.....but I don't complain because I love her cooking. I'm sure she'd be interested in attending a discussion.

Chuck

TXTiger

I am a single bachelor and use my oven for storage. I do use my microwave a lot but it is not a convection combo. I don't cook other than BBQ or microwave, however, I would love to volunteer for this seminar as a food taster if there are any openings, lol lol lol.

funlabs

Count me in on a discussion on the 1/2 time. I, too, have used the microwave, but not the convection and I'd love to change that.

Deb Hazel

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'd be interested too. We have yet to figure out the "sweet spot" for its use.

Erika

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders

Hockster.

Both Carol and I would sign up for this in a heartbeat!! We'd sure like to learn more about using the convection oven features. I really think this is important especially since so many of the new rigs come without a "regular" oven

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired

Count me in...I use my convection oven quite often but mostly just kinda wing it. Went to a seminar at Lazy Days when we picked the coach up and that helped tremendously.

Herbiesrig

North Central Region Directors-Retired

Count me in also. I would love to learn how to use it as I have darn of a time trying to light that oven when Dan is not around.

VKTalley

I'd be interested too! We are getting ready to switch our regular microwave oven for a confection/microwave oven. I'm with Herbiesrig on trying to light the gas oven without Malcolm.

dklaw

Hockster.

Hi, Jim--we met at Copake, NY regional rally this fall. While a round table would be good to learn from others who attend, a 1 to 2 hr seminar from the manufacturer, where we can get the most up-to-date information & can ask questions, would be ideal. Men & women, who cook most of their meals in their camper or those that want to learn to cook more meals there, would enjoy attending this seminar. I think it would be a very well attended by just about every camper that goes to the rally. I know I would because I seem to use only the microwave & not venture using the convection or half-time (what I'm most familiar with!!). Thanks so much for any consideration in this.

Kevin and Henny White

Past California-Central Chapter Leaders
We're you next to us in Gillette . You brought over tv and had concert? R u going to Goshen ? If you are look for us we will be there love to have another concert.