Dometic ceramic toilet fills inside bowl

We have a Dometic ceramic toilet. We have noticed that when we are hooked up to the campsite faucet and flush the toilet with the foot pedal, that the water will not stop flowing into the bowl.
We have the Greystone in Camping World right now, but they say they cannot replicate the problem. Our warranty runs out next month, and we will not be using the unit until next Spring, so that is not good news for us. The water has flowed constantly that there is now a lime stain coming from one of the holes around the inside of the bowl.
Does anyone have any ideas?

danemayer

Hi thegoodlife,

I'm not sure I'm following your description. When you let go of the foot pedal, the water must shut off eventually or the toilet would overflow. Are you saying you have to do something special to get it to stop before it overflows?

Yes, the water keeps on coming out of the holes inside the bowl once the foot pedal has been released. We constantly flush the toilet so that it does not fill all the way up and overflow.

rmeyer

Are you using a pressure regulator when hooked up to CG water. If pressure is to high it will cause this problem.

Westwind

You should have a 2 year warranty, I'm having problems with mine not closing after flushing and I'm contacting Dometic, my Heartland warranty was up the end of July.

danemayer

If you're using a pressure regulator, maybe you have a slow leak in the flush valve. Do you know how Camping World is testing? Maybe they're using the pump and watching it for 5 minutes.

I'm not sure how Camping World is testing it, but should find out in a few days. We do use a pressure regulator, and I understood that Greystone also has a built-in pressure regulator. Is that correct? I will contact Dometic if Camping World cannot replicate and do not fix the problem.

danemayer

I don't think any coach comes with a pressure regulator unless the dealer threw it in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD