4100 Cabinet Mods

StoneyHG

Hi! I'm Stoney and have been lurking for a bit wile contemplating trading our motor home for a new toy hauler. We took delivery of our new Cyclone 4100 a couple of weeks ago and are in the process of making some adjustments. One thing we've come to see is that although there is a lot of cabinet space, a lot is wasted because of the depth and height of the cabinets. We want to put pull out pantry style slides in the cabinets next to the fridge and add shelving to some of the other cabinets. The shelving is relatively easy, but I was wondering if someone has done the shelving or some type of sliding pull outs in the cabinets next to the fridge and if so, did you use a commercially available product or did you make something from scratch.

Thanks,

danemayer

Hi Stoney,

Congratulations on your new Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. You've probably already found that there's a lot of useful information here and of course there's a great bunch of helpful people who are willing to share. I'm sure we'll find out pretty quickly what kind of storage mods others have done.

srgt30

Check out this thread. I havent done it yet, thinking it may be a winter project.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/31409-Sliding-pantry-shelves/page2?highlight=3800+cabinets

SCPOBob

Well poop....Lesson #1: Unless you are ready to spend some cash and do the work, never share the DIY forums section with your spouse. Looks like some cabinet mods are in the future plans for us as well.

StoneyHG

We found a sliding pantry kit that will fit and will install it in one cabinet. If it works well we may try another. Its a rev-a-shelf.com # 141987 that we got from Lowes. It was less than $100 and shouldn't be too hard to install.

mixie57

We took ownership Mar 6, 2013. We ordered two drawer slides from Rev-a-shelf and I installed them while my husband napped unaware of my industriousness. The size we ordered was 9" x 18" I think. I did have to move the top cabinet punchy thing by removing the bottom screw and swiveling it up to keep it from hitting the shelf.