Vacuum not shutting off

TXTiger

My 2012 Cyclone 4014 came with a central vacuum. I have used it a couple of times. When you push in the vacuum hose it turns on the vacuum. When you disconnect the hose the vacuum shuts off. Now my vacuum won't shut off. I remove the hose but it continues to run. Does anybody know if and where there may be a manual shut off switch? Guess this will go on my list of things to fix next time I take the rig back in.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
One thing you could do is unplug the vacuum. Kind of a PIA though.
Here is a post by member Porthole regarding the same problem. Looks like Duane has the cure.

Peace
Dave

ILH

We have the same problem - it is currently in for repair with our dealer. For the last half of the summer we've just flipped the breaker to turn it off.

kkamshop

The sweeper turns on when you plug the hose in and it also turns on when you push down onthe hose plugin cover so you can sweep dirt into it with a broom. Maybe it is just stuck down.

wdk450

Some suggestions:

1. The dirt sweep up feature is on, as noted by others.
2. The microswitch in the vacuum hose connection outlet is stuck in the on position.
3. The relay in the vacuum head is stuck on.
4. While you should be able to use a circuit breaker to turn the vacuum on-off, I have found (at least in my Bighorn) that the vacuum cleaner and converter were plugged in each other's outlets in the storage compartment. Thus, the converter breaker turned off the vacuum and visa versa.

Birchwood

I had the same problem and had the vacuum replaced under warranty.We just used the cicuit breaker as an off
on switch until it was replaced

We just purchased a 2013 Key Largo and are on our maiden voyage. We special ordered to get a queen bed and many changes were made mid-stream, some we are not happy with. It does not have central vac anymore. Instead, created a small "dressing" room at end of closet and mounted a Dyson Stick to the wall. The Dyson battery charge lasts for six minutes on max speed, 13 on min speed. Then it takes 3 1/2 hours to fully charge again. Guess I will have to vac in time zones. I like max to pick up debris from two standard poodles who travel with us and although I'm fast, can't do 40 foot RV in six minutes. What were they thinking? Said they made the change due to complaints about the central vac hose making marks on the wood so intent was good. But should have found a good product with a longer battery charge.

Speedy

Willie, Don't sweat not having the central vac. We have one and use it very little because of lack of power to clean the carpet. Since it does not have a power head it does not pick up pet hair at all. It also loses suction the longer you stretch the hose; so it barely picks up anything in the back of the rig. It really is only good for cleaning the bare floors.

We moved our two Orecks (upright and canister) to the coach and love the cleaning power.

wdk450

I mainly use an Eureka 4-in-1 corded stick vac that has a crevice tool and a floor attachment along with an extending handle. I got this at WalMart for around $20. I rarely use the built-in.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have one and use it very little because of lack of power to clean the carpet.

Ours works well for picking up pet hair and carpet cleaning.
If yours doesn't have much suction i would suggest you check the system for blockages, or maybe a dirty bag. Trace

Katwoodx2

Same thing just happened to us! I was vaccuming using the 'basement' connector. When I stopped, the centvac kept running. We could not figure out a way to shut it off. Then, for no explainable reason, I thought I'd plug the centvac into the LR connector and run it for a minute. Once I disconnected from the LR connector, the entire system shut off. Crazy...I know...but it worked.