Toilet not holding water

ct0218

Help! My DW advised me, on her way out of town for a week, that the toilet was not holding water any more and it was starting to smell. I need to know the model of the toilets used in Landmarks so that I can try to pick up a replacement ball and seal and replace it next weekend when we're back at our Landmark. Sealand 2000 series?

K

Ken Washington

Clark,
Do a search on this and you will find some things to try before replacing the ball and seal!

Ken

ct0218

Ken
Thanks, I did. I saw JP's post where he tried several things to solve the same problem and possibly that they had redesigned the ball and seal. I was going to try to clean and lubricate them, and if that didn't work I would have everything I would need to replace them. With the use ours gets it will be just a matter of time before I have to replace them anyway.

jbeletti

Clark,

If yours is the same as mine, it looks like it's the Sealand Traveler Lite.

I'm in my trailer now and looking at the toilet, it looks just like the image on the Traveler Lite web page.

//heartlandowners.org/images/TravelerLite.jpg

ct0218

Jim
That looks like it as best I can remember. Its funny that it is something you see very often, but you really don't look at that closely. I know it has a sprayer and china bowl, but other than that I really don't remember the details.

jbeletti

I know what you mean. I got up real close and personal with mine with a flashlight (Doctor!) to figure out what I had. It didn't say Traveler Lite anywhere I could read but it looks just like that one from Dometic's site.

Okay, I just got a bit smarter. I realized I had my mega-3-ring binder here in the trailer with all my manuals. Yes, Traveler Lite Toilet Model 210.

Some part numbers for you:

385310677 Seal Replacement Kit
385310681 Ball, Shaft and CRTG kit (include item 385310683)
385310683 Spring Cartridge Kit

Manual says the plate with the model/serial is located on the toilet base (remove base cover to reveal).

Per the manual, in addition to trying to clean the flush ball and seal, lubricating it with cooking spray/furniture polish, another possible cause to the ball not sealing completely is a defective spring cartridge.

Sealand Product Hotline: 800-321-9886 (8am - 5pm ET)

See attached for manual.

Place that sells the parts (link).

Good luck,

Jim

Attachments

• 600344934 Trvlr Lte 210 manual.pdf
    224 KB · Views: 18

ct0218

Jim
Thanks a lot. Looks like some of those parts fit most models, and that model number/name does ring a bell. I did notice it was hanging up and not closing completely once or twice a few weeks ago, so maybe a little lube or a spring replacement will do it.

nhunter

I had the same problem and tried changing seal but ended up going to dealer for cartridge replacement. Has been good ever since.

jpmorgan37

Clark;
To get the plastic cover off of the base, just grab it and pull. I looked for ten minutes for screws. It's held on by velcro. After that, it's self explanatory.

John