Replace seal on Dometic Toilet

mobilcastle

Anyone replaced a Dometic model 310 toilet flush seal. If I am reading it right you just remove it from its position in the bowl and install a new one the same way? The toilet does not come apart? Thanks for your imput and info.
Steve

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes it is easy to replace. Don some gloves and you should be able to pull it out just fine. A little harder to reinstall and seat correctly, but takes about 10 min.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351622576.215665.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351622516.176180.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351622627.810548.jpg

I replaced ours, but now after a few months new one is leaking too. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351622438.152235.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351622438.152235.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 99

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
TravelTiger is correct. About a ten minute job.
I recently replaced ours after two years of use.
One thing I did find out is that if someone, and she will remain nameless, doesn't use enough water to flush, some TP will get caught between the ball and seal. This will cause it to leak.
Using a Nitryl glove all I need to do is massage the seal back into place.
No more leak.

Peace
Dave
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Westwind

Do a search on Dometic / Sealand 310. My Bighorn 3070RL is within the 2 year warranty for the toilet so they are sending me a new toilet, we were having trouble with the foot pedal not working correctly and getting hung up. When I called Dometic for help they referred me to Sealand. They said the foot pedal is not replaceable so they would send a new toilet under warranty. Hopefully it's improved.

aatauses

Replacing the seal is not a big job and will take about 20 min. Remember to unhook the vacuum hose at the rear of the toilet and re-install when you put the toilet back on the new seal.
al
Currently in BC, CN

GOTTOYS

Before you replace it, try pushing down on the old seal seal all the way around to re-seat it. Then pour in a pan of real hot water and let it sit for a half hour or so. This was recommended in the owners manual and it has worked for me several times to eliminate leaking...Don