Popping noise

Toy1Ton

Toy 1 Ton
Just recived a voise message from Bob at lippert, he said, they now have some kind of kit to add on to take care of the poping noise on the level up system. Hope it works.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Poping noise

That's good news. There are a lot of people waiting for the cure.

Peace
Dave

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Yeah! How do we get the kick! The popping is getting worse and worse now that the weather is getting cooler.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I have also been in touch with Bob Tiedge at Lippert and was told that he will have some new information this week. Still waiting...

marvmarcy

Over the year since we bought our LM it has continued no matter what I tried to alleviate it. It now isn't popping, its banging and shaking the rig. Lippert needs to get this fixed now!

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
I have also been in touch with Bob Tiedge at Lippert and was told that he will have some new information this week. Still waiting...

Bob, sent me an email this morning-they are closer but still don't have a 100% cure. He did indicate that they are still pursing this hard though.

jayc

Larry, you must be doing something right. Bob said he would be in touch with me three weeks ago and nothing...

marvmarcy

This has been going on for years and Lippert and Heartland keep selling the same problem and won't fix it. They say they're close, have a kit, or make other promises, but its obviously not happening. Our Landmark has been doing it since we bought it new in Nov 2011, and it is getting consistently worse. It now bangs and shakes the rig all hours of the day and night. It wakes us up many times each night and is much more than an annoyance.

LIPPERT and HEARTLAND: I hope you're reading this!!

Last edited by a moderator:

marvmarcy

After putting up with lots of noise and shaking for many months, it has now completely stopped. We moved to NAS Key West last Sunday for the winter. We're parked on grass with boards under the levelers to keep the pads from sinking in. The temperature stays within 10 degrees day and night and changes very slowly. If I could just stay in a climate like this all the time, both the levelers and I would be happier.

marvmarcy

Well, I just moved to a camp site with a concrete pad. When we went to auto level, the left front jack is twisting the frame and sticking out to the side like a broken leg. Now I have to figure out how to make it work and level the rig. The level up won't level up and keeps lifting the rig higher until I set it back down manually. Time to call Heartland.

jayc

For the last several months we've been on soft surface and we didn't really hear any popping. We are now on concrete and the popping noise is worse than ever.

Ours is popping even more than ever now that we're on concrete, especially the front right. Sometimes it pops when we're walking thru the bedroom but other times when there's no movement at all. Currently we're in Anaheim, CA where the temps have been freezing at night, warming during the day in full sunlight.
We're going to try wooden blocks and see if that makes a difference. (Not only is it driving us crazy but our neighbors as well.) If that doesn't make a difference, I guess we'll have to make an appointment to have it checked out. It sure seems like an ongoing problem with many of us, something that should be fixable.

jayc

I sent an email to Bob Tiedge with a link to this thread and below you will see his reply:

Sadly we still have not been able to track down probable cause… I have visited several units during the past few months but have not been able to hear the sound… it seems to disappear when I show up…

I am headed to the Tampa Super Show and will be working with a couple of units that reportedly have this issue… I will keep you updated on my progress

Bob did say that he plans to be at the National Rally in June, so hopefully there will be better news on the cause and repair of this problem.