Plastic boxes for under storage

r4man2

DW asked that I inquire about what size plastic boxes people are using in the 'under-storage' area. She wants to start boxing thing up to go to Indiana where we will pick up the trailer.

We have a 3400RL on order. Can someone tell use what fits. All suggestions are appreciated. We are talking about creating an index book with digital photos and lists of what's inside. Should help to avoid the "I know I have it, but I can't remember where" scenario. Should also help with efforts to equalize wt. distribution.

Thanks

gawelsh

We have all sizes, including some pretty big ones we got at Wal-Mart, with lids. We print labels for each end, so even though they're clear, you can quickly identify what's in them (e.g. Electrical Supplies, Hoses). We can stack them 2 or 3 high - we've got the pull-out tray in our "basement" which makes it easy to get to stuff in the middle.

I can't measure any because the rig isn't here, but the big boxes are probably 15-18 inches deep and 24 in long (???)

gawelsh

George now tells me the 'big' boxes are bigger than the dimensions I give, but he can't remember specifics either.;)

jpmorgan37

R4man2;

Check out this thread and the following three post; 23, 34, 43. //heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?t=473&highlight=slide+tray This should help to answer your questions.

John

Princess Kathleen

We purchased our storage boxes from Northern Tool. We order online. Once you are on the site you can order any size. DH wanted storage boxes that were sturdy and had the flip lids. We also labeled ours such as sewage, electrical, princess' stuff, and etc. Remember to keep them light enough for you to handle.

PK

jbeletti

r4man2,

See this post on RV.net of what I am using.

See this post (or post 34 form JP's link), then click on the attachments to see the dimensions of the containers I use.

I purchased these totes from Sam's Club. Probably available at Walmart too. I have also tried similar ones (yet a different brand) from Costco. I favor the ones from Sam's.

I love the way they stack and stay stacked. They've never fallen over. There's enough height for 2 (even on a sliding tray).

They are not indestructible however. I replace a couple of them (I have maybe 12 of them in the trailer and at home in the garage) each year. Mostly the ones I used to haul firewood in :eek:

jrlebaron

R4 you might want to check out the plastic drawers. I have three sizes in my storage area. Nicer then the plastic containers at least you don't have to dig to the bottom for something you want. Jim

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
R4man2
We have a 3400RL and purchased at Walmart (These are made in USA)
Sterlite 62 qt plastic container with split flip lids. You can just stack them two high in the basement in very little room left under the beam. We think they work great.
You will love the Heartland product!
Regards and good luck!