Satilite System Cable Solutions

While setting up my satellite system, I found a cable fault in the livingroom tv area. The dealer suggested I beep out all cables for my connection to satellite. This was a quick and easy test to preform. Unfortunatly the failed cable could not easly be pulled through and replaced. After some investagation I found a clean path for a new installion of cable to connect in the bedroom area. Here is the coxial cable run, first rout through the access port in the storage bay, then upward along the frame (must remove overhead panel for this run) drill 1/2 inch hole through the floor to finish the cable run. (note, always double check before drilling any holes in the floor that the path is clear and the cable will break as close to the wall without creating any obstructions.) Used a wireless HDMI extender to complete the connections between all three TV's. Another learning experience with my Direct TV connections. PS- A quick short term solution for same day service, run a cable through the window, and tape the gap. Not pretty, but it works!

Last edited:

wdk450

BIGRIGFORUS:
I hope that BEFORE you did all of that cabled pulling, you tried putting new cable end F terminations on the cable. This is the most frequent cause of problems with the coax (although crimped/pierced coax does happen).

Thanks for your reply Bill! Yes, as a matter of fact I did a crimp check on the ends, guess what, one of the fittings pulled out when I touched the cable. After that I also checked the livingroom connections with the same result. I decided that a bedroom connection would be more useful after all the problems with the installed cables.

My Dealer is new to Heartland. My NT 24FBS was the first unit to roll off the lot. So far we have had only one problem ( loose wire refrig)that the Palmetto RV was right on top of and on a saturday afternoon fixed ( problem solved ). But, the TV is another issue.After six weeks
numerous attempt still no TV. My question is would the repair and service be covered and paid for by Heartland Corp. The service tech at
Palmetto tells me it will only work when hooked up to park cable. My first RV unit was a 1975 Wilderness 5th wheel. PLug in the trailer, turn on the TV, and push up the outside ant. thru the pipe attached to the unit. Does the over the air digital need the park cable ? Why then have a crank-up ant.(roof)

danemayer

My question is would the repair and service be covered and paid for by Heartland Corp. The service tech at
Palmetto tells me it will only work when hooked up to park cable.

Hi coneagle59fal,

I don't think Heartland is going to pay to have a dealer tech tell you that "it will only work when hooked up to park cable." That's not a very useful diagnosis. If you're in warranty, and they can diagnose the malfunction, I'm sure Heartland would treat it as a valid warranty claim. If this particular dealer doesn't know how to diagnose TV reception problems, you might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN # ready. They should be able to point you to a repair center that can figure out what's wrong and get it fixed.

mobilcastle

Over the air channels should not require a park cable-that is what your crank up antenna is for. Do you have a digital antenna? The OA channels are very clear today with a digital antenna.

The antenna is factory roof type ( ? Wingarten ) I have not added a separate antenna to the original. After talking with customer service today I've decided to try once more. Hearland says roof antenna should find channels using booster. If this fails call in a repair service.
I plan a long week-end @ Hardeevile very close to Sanannah Ga. open space and stations close. Thanks everone for the info and advice.

jnbhobe

Any time you are useing the antenna you have to turn on the booster to get reception. When it is on there will be a little red indicator light on.