Cyclone 3712 hd satellite cable port

Please check into updating your DWG files on the 2012 mod, for 3712 HD. the wiring schematics are dated 2008. The crimp connections on the coxial cable sliped off and needed to be reinstalled. Why is there a splitter on the satetillite connection? This can cause problems with Direct TV.

danemayer

Hi Bigrigforus,

You're right that the drawing posted in the Tools section is pretty old. It's also unusual in that it shows a splitter on the satellite feed. You're right about splitters causing problems.

I'm wondering if that's representative of your Cyclone build. Most of the larger rigs built over the past few years have 4 satellite connections in the UDC: 2 going to the roof and the other 2 into the coach; usually to the living room and bedroom. In those configurations, there are no splitters on the satellite feeds.

frumbawa

As I mentioned in another post, I contacted Heartland about a month or so ago attempting to get the most current drawing for my 3612. I forget who it was but he sent me the same 2008 version saying that is what the still follow today. Ya right. Mine is not even close. And yes, I also had a splitter in the line. I had to remove it in order to get the living connection to work. My 3612 does not have a cable to the bedroom, at least one that I can find anyway.

Frank

Thanks to all who sent feedback, starting to think this maybe a weak link in the com systems. Hope we can help others avoid some of these issues! 3712HD