Cyclone E-Track Placement

Deepsky3539

I just purchased a Cyclone 3795. While reading the instructions on how to mount the tie down rails, I found something that refers to some sort of layout guide. I cannot find anything online or in my paperwork. Anyone else had to do this that can help?

rideblue

Call Heartland and they will fax you a copy of the layout. It basically tells you where to mount the tracks so you will be screwing them into the frame. I chose not to do this. I mounted mine along the sides butted up against the wall. I used 1 inch wood screws and predrilled. I did it this way so I can mount my motorcycles in sideways. I used a soft tie around the rear tire/rim and tie it to a hook in the rail using a caribeaner(spelling?). I then use 2 tiedowns with the built in soft tie on both sides of the handlebars(the usual fashion). This pulls the front end down real tight and the fact that the rear wheel is fixed at the other end prevents me from having to use wheel chocks, and leave no rubber marks on the wall. Good luck with whatever you figure out.

Deepsky3539

Thanks rideblue ... I did exactly that. They sent me the entire design in three views. Funny enough though ... If the guy had just told me it was completely open underneath of there, I could have just looked. I assumed the whole rig was sealed underneath. I am hauling two 200+ pound telescopes and all of the related equipment, so I wanted room to walk around them. The frame layout was perfect for me.