Stacked washer dryer

patrick1945

We have ordered a new trailer with these items. What input is out there on the operation etc. of a 110 dryer and washer in an RV?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We love ours. Get some vibration during spin cycles 😊, but not enough to bother us. Usually takes around 50 minutes to dry a load of towels. You will fill up your gray tank faster, so keep an eye on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

doxiecouple

Hey Gus and Deb. We have heard horror stories about RV washers and dryers. If Deb is happy with hers, I know Becky and I will be happy with the one in our new Landmark. Wayne and Becky doxiecouple

kowAlski631

Love, Love, Love ours! Some vibration during spin cycle, but having it on board rather than having to schlep the dirty tidy whities to a laundry is worth it.
Martha

brianharrison

We like ours... It is good for "smaller" loads; we still use the campground/park laundry facilities for our larger loads - large towels, king sheets, denim jeans, etc. The wash cycles on my unit can be pretty long - 80 minutes or so for a wash/rinse/spin. We tend to use the "short wash" mostly - 50 minute cycle. The 110V dryer does not seem to get as hot as the 220V or gas units hence takes a bit longer to dry, etc.

We love the convenience of washing/drying in our unit - saves running back and forth and stuck in the laundry room. Not to mention the privacy of washing the delicates without sharing the moment with strangers......;)

Our experiences.

Brian

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
My wife doesn't want one, so I don't want one. If my wife wanted one, I would want one....

Seems to work better this way.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We love our washer and dryer. Hate using a strange washer and dryer. Hate putting my clothes into something that who knows what or whom was in it before us. Rather put my clothes in a know washer and dryer.

cakie

This wife wanted one, my husband then wanted one, I got it and I LOVE it!!! :eek: I guess that is how it works! Hehe!!! The stackable is wonderful and is SOOOOO convenient to be able to do smaller loads in your RV and not schlep your laundry, soap, etc across the park! Not to mention, getting the right change to do the laundry...ugh! I also run mine on the short wash cycle of 30 min. and get super clean clothes. There's definitely vibration during the spin cycle!

danemayer

Hi cakie,

Welcome to the posting side of the Owners Forum. We also love the convenience of our washer/dryer and find it also cleans well even on the #10 short wash cycle. We usually start it on the "A" cycle to put some extra water in for a minute, then switch to #10 to start the wash cycle.

We have the 4 point auto-leveling system, and I've found that if I use blocks to reduce the extension of the front landing jacks, the washer spin vibration is much less noticeable.

4ever

We had the stack installed about four months ago and my wife is now one HAPPY camper! We love it. Makes life so much easier. We have the Lanmark, Grand Canyon with the closets in the staircase going up to the bedroom so we certainly did not have to worry about giving up space. As everyone else has said a little vibration during spin cycle bot overall not bad at all. The dryer is slower then a 220 volt however, overall does not take to long. A good size load takes 50 minutes to an hour. Sure beats taking eveything to the laundry room. Takes a little longer but well worth it. You can do laundry anytime you want.

dave10a

If one gets a stackable W/D make certain that it is braced at the top so it will not sway while traveling. Otherwise it can rip the top off the washer like it did mine. I don't know why Heartland or the dealers do have a better design to stop swaying or movement while traveling. My past motor home secured them very well, but trailer manufacturers could learn from those manufacturers.

mikeandconnie

We love our Factory Installed Splendide Stackable and one of the reasons we decided to trade up. The only negative is the warranty will not pay for the removal or installation from the RV, just the repair cost. You may want to get something in witting before buying on this matter.

danemayer

We love our Factory Installed Splendide Stackable and one of the reasons we decided to trade up. The only negative is the warranty will not pay for the removal or installation from the RV, just the repair cost. You may want to get something in witting before buying on this matter.

Maybe an issue with your dealer not being satisfied with the supplier's reimbursement. We needed a heating element replaced under warranty. I don't know what they had to do to get to it, but no one asked us to pay anything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mikeandconnie

The Heartland Dealer where I was located did not repair Splendide washers. Splendide sent us to a authorized repair facility and the washer had to come out but they do not pay the removal cost. I got the "they should pay not us" answer from Heartland Customer Service and it was factory installed. If my shoulder wasn't broken at the time I would have taken it out myself. However, my extended warranty paid the bill without any problems "who would ever think this would happen"...
I would buy Splendide again without hesitation but I would make sure who pays for what if a warranty issue came up.

All our other warranty problems Heartland has been wonderful and this dealer himself came out at 1 am, 20 OAT and repaired our broken furnace. Not many would do this.

Last edited:

guyc66

What brand of stackable washer and dryer is everyone using?

We have been using the Splendide Ariston stackables for the past 1 1/2 years and love them. We full time in our Landmark and so these units get a lot of work. Have not experienced any problems with them so far (knock on wood).