EVENT: Heartland Owners Camp-Out: AZ, Quartzsite - 1/17/2013 to 1/24/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
The park; Desert Gold RV Resort, Brenda, Arizona / 1-800-927-2101 / contact; Linda

http://www.g7rvresorts.com/desert-gold/services.aspx

Please book your own site. Please tell her you are with the Heartland group. (or mention my name)

Event date; January 17th to 24th ( 1 Week/ Weekly rate is $205.49 (You may do all, or part of this time frame).

This is a "Campout" with the only agenda being a potluck with fellow Heartlanders (and friends) staying in and around Quartzsite.

Hope to see everyone there. It should be fun.

Please call the park to make a reservation. Ask for Linda if she is available.

If you reserve a site, please post or PM me. I will update your info. Thanks, Trace[/COLOR]

Please contact me with any questions or concerns.

SOB friends welcome.

POTLUCK UPDATE:
When; Saturday, January 19, 2013 at 5pm.

Heartlanders and friends staying in and around Quartzsite are also welcome.
RSVP's are appreciated

Each rig is being asked to bring a side dish or dessert to feed approx. 6-8 people, along with your chairs and favorite beverage(s). (BYOB)

Entrees, Sodas and water will be provided.

If everyone could please post what dish you are bringing and I will compile a menu. :)
Thanks, Trace

If you live in the Southern California, Arizona, Nevada or Utah area, or anywhere else for that matter,if you have never been to Quartzsite during January, it simply must be seen at least once to be believed.

Boondocking is readily available in the area, but many had expressed an interest to stay in a park
with hookups.

Update A/O 11/23/12

As of today we have the following people confirmed;

John and Lori (jdawson) .................D68/ Jan 17-24..............3 Bean Salad
Floyd and Carol (Floyd Philbrook) ...D54/ Jan 17-24................Baked Beans (and clam chowder?):D
Bob and Patty (Bob&Patty) .............D85/ Jan 18-20.........:)"Something"
Wayne and Melinda (wino2) ............D34/ Jan 17-20..............Mac & Cheese, Salsa
Neil and Nanci (neilandnanci) ...........D38/ Jan 17-24..............Dessert and Enchiladas
Rod and Donna (rarnold) ..................D37/ Jan 17-24.............."Fully Loaded" salad
Ray and Gail (randgwarn) .................D35/ Jan 17-24...............Dessert
Sue and Len (RoadJunkie) .................D70/ Jan 17-24.............Dessert
Larry and Liz (larkinstuart) ................D67/ Jan 17-24.............Something Good
Bob and Bo (NorthCalBob).................D82/Jan 17-24th...............Potato salad
Trace and Teri (TandT) .......................D53/Jan 17-24................Entrees, Water,Sodas

John and Deb (jdfishing)/Orzo artichoke salad

PJ &Karol(Gaffer)/ Dessert

Bill Knight(wdk450)/Amish Low Cal Cole Slaw

Last edited:

wdk450

Re: Quartzsite Arizona Campout Jan 18th-24th 2013

I am a maybe right now, but if I go I'll be with the LOW's on Paloma road.

papaslimo

Hi, We are interested as we expect to be there for a 6 to 8 week period.

rarnold

Hi Trace. Met you & Teri in Gillette.
Donna & I have been talking about experiencing the "Q" for a year now. Put us down for a good possibility in a park with hook-ups.
Thanks for bringing this up and taking the lead in looking at parks and gathering us heartlanders. Hope we can all get together down there in January.

Rod

Hi, you can put Marge and I down as a "maybe" but will need a park with full hookups. Wouldn't stay for the whole time though.

wino2

Trace, put Wayne and Melinda down as a maybe

RoadJunkie

Perhaps (maybe). We've heard so much about this place it would be nice to go with a group of like-minded (Heartland) folks!

neilandnanci

Hi Trace and Terry,

You know we are planning on being there. Can't wait! Just let us know the details when you get them.

Neil and Nanci

TandT

Thanks everyone.

SO FAR, with those who have posted here and those I have spoken with, we are at around 8 confirmed and 7 maybe's.

Please continue to post or PM me, if you would be interested in joining us. I will edit the top post, as more info. location, etc. is available. Thanks, Trace

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Trace, put Pat and I down for a YES unless something comes up.

TandT

UPDATE;

The park; Desert Gold RV Resort, Brenda, Arizona / 1-800-927-2101 / contact; Linda

http://www.g7rvresorts.com/desert-gold/services.aspx

Please book your own site. Please tell her you are with the Heartland group. (or mention my name)

Dates reserved; January 17th to 24th ( 1 Week/ Weekly rate is $205.49 (You may do all, or part of this time frame).

Sites Being Held; 12

Sites will be held only until November 16th, 2013

If more sites are needed we may be able to add only a few more, per Linda.
This is their busiest time of the year

Please call the park asap and PM me or post here, after you reserve.
I will update the thread with a list of those attending.

This is a "Campout" with the only agenda being a potluck with fellow Heartlanders staying in and around Quartzsite.
(Details to be determined)

Hope to see everyone there.

Please contact me with any questions or concerns. Thank You, Trace

Last edited:

FLOYD PHILBROOK

Nevada Chapter Leader

trace &teri I made reservations and asked to be parked next to you because your dodge was not happy parked next to all them fords at Bob's rally. Floyd:angel:

wino2

Floyd you and Trace maybe the only ones parked out in the South Forty, the Fords will outnumber what ever it is that you drive and Trace truck. Which I think the south forty is outside the park boundaries.
Melinda

TandT

Floyd and Carol (Floyd Philbrook)
Wayne and Melinda (wino2)
Neil and Nanci (neilandnanci)
Don & Marge (retired0601)
Trace and Teri (TandT)

Last edited:

rarnold

Good news, Trace. Donna & I are all signed up for the week. Looking forward to the Quartasite experience. Don, I see you beat me to the punch. See all you guys there!

Thank you Trace for thinking of this and putting it all together AND checking out the RV park for everyone. Great job!

Rod

Last edited:

MICKEY

Past Florida Chapter Leader

Trace;

I was there last year and for those who haven't see the "Q", you just can't miss it. It should be on everyones bucket list. we were going to try to get out there again this year, however the Tampa Super Show is Jan 16-20, and we area scheduled to work that show. We stayed in Rose campground there in Quartzite. Stay clear of that one, the host was a jerk and doubled the number of full hook up spots by running sewer pipe across the ground where your hose had to run uphill to get there. How'd that work you say..."not too good". We couldn't walk between coaches because slides were too close. BUT I had a great time. I'm set for boondocking this time. More room, great people. You have to take folks to the Naked Bookseller. Seeing is believing:) Hope ya'll have fun. I'll be thinking about you while I'm working.

TandT

Bob, Rod and Don, Glad you can make it. Thanks for giving me a heads up.

Bob and Patty (Bob&Patty)
Don and Marge (retired0601)
Rod and Donna (rarnold)
Trace and Teri (TandT)

Mickey, Congrats on your new promotion. Maybe you can make it out next year. Trace​

Last edited:

TandT

REMINDER......Date was changed after initial post.
Dates being held are Jan 17-24th, 2013

Just added John and Lori. Thanks for the heads-up John.

John and Lori (jdawson)
Bob and Patty (Bob&Patty)
Don and Marge (retired0601)
Rod and Donna (rarnold)
Trace and Teri (TandT)

Status
Not open for further replies.