Big Country, Paint Fading

D.Mechels

My 2011, model 3250 Big Country has paint fading at near the top of the front and near the top at the back of the unit. I originally thought it was some of the rubber roof wash that was bleading down. But I have attempted to wash it off to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem, or any suggestions. Thanks, Dean

GOTTOYS

Lots of people have had this problem. It's from the gray gel-coat fading. The only long lasting cure is to paint it. There are plenty of semi truck/equipment bodyshops around that will have a paint booth large enough to handle this. I would contact Heartland Customer Service and see if they can help out. If you do a search on this forum under "fading" you will see a lot of info on it. Good luck...Don

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Dean,

My 2011 3250 is in the shop now being painted for the gray frt & rear cap issue. Definitely call Heartland customer service.....Jamie Justis was VERY helpful with our settlement........we are HAPPY HEARTLAND CAMPER!!

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

Lance

i have been reading several of these threads, but cannot find out if the fading is only cosmetic or if it will affect the integrity of the unit in some way. anybody???

jimtoo

Hi coletrickle,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum posting side. The fade of the front cap is cosmetic.

Jim M

Thanks very much for the info and putting my mind at ease. This forum has been extremely helpful. I have been a long time lurker, first time poster!

jimtoo

Hey coletrickle, jump in and tell us more about yourself and travels. Join us at one of the Heartland rallies when in the area. Lots of great folks here.

Jim M