AC, Washer/dryer, vacuum and dishwasher questions

mowmoney

Hello all,

We just bought a new 2006 Grand Canyon model. We haven't even brought it home and won't for another week or two as the dealer has to switch our washer/dryer and satellite over from our trade in.

I was hoping to get some feedback from those of you who have used your trailers already about a few things. The air conditioner for one, if you have only the one does it keep the trailer really cool or do you need the 2nd AC in the bedroom area? Does the AC in the bedroom area work with the ducts or just out the AC vents in the AC unit itself?

The central vacuum system, does this seem to work well? I've gone through numerous vacuums that I was not happy with because you couldn't really tell that you had vacuumed the carpet or there was no hose so you could get the corners and toe kick area cleaned good. I finally found an excellent vacuum last year but the new trailer has the central vacuum in it already. How good does it really clean?

Also, does anybody have one of the dishwashers in their unit? I don't have it but it looks really neat. I saw a picture on the Hearland website showing a dishwasher under the stove so was wondering if it really did a good job.

Lastly, the washer dryer in the bedroom cabinet, does anybody have this and does it make a lot of noise or cause significantly more shaking than if it is in the closet in the bathroom area as it is in most other 5th wheel trailers?

Any information on any of these things would be really appreciated.

jbeletti

Hi MowMoney and welcome to the forum.

I have the central vacuum and like it a lot. Take a look at my post about it here.

I have the W/D too and while I have never owned another unit with a W/D, I have nothing to compare it to but it does vibrate the trailer somewhat. I am guessing that it would vibrate more at the nose of the trailer than closer to the center as in some trailers. We look forward to your experience with it and how it compares.

I have one AC unit only as I plan to do little extended duration camping in very hot climates. From what I have read on other forums about several trailer brands is that if you are in vbery warm climates for extended periods, that you will want 2 AC units to keep up with the cooling demands. It would also be nice to have two heatpumps too. I love the heatpump option in my AC as it is a nice alternative to using the LP gas furnace at times when you want to conserve LP or just use the campgrounds electricity that is included in your rent.

Best of luck and enjoyment to you with your Landmark and please post back after you get it to tell us your impressions.

Jim

mowmoney

Thanks for the info.

We decided to get the second AC in the bedroom mainly because I'm always hot and our daughter's always cold and turns up the thermostat after we go to bed, so this way we should both be good to go.

We'll be picking up our trailer next Friday, (assuming they have transferred the satellite and W/D from the old one and installed the 2nd AC by then). I'm really excited! I'm not the one who wanted a new trailer but even so, who doesn't like new toys? I'm trying to figure out how we can get most of the stuff we need to camp down to the trailer so we can go straight to a campground next Friday, but so far hubby's not going for it.

Oh well, once we get it home I'll try to post some pictures. I haven't quite gotten the hang of putting pics on here but I'll figure it out eventually. I've shrunk them the way you're supposed to according to the tutorial but they still don't quite seem to work correctly:cool:

Oh well, later,
Lynn & Mike