Questions, 08-3055RL

mariacyl

New Big Horn owners
Hi,
We just took delivery on a 08- 3055RL, We love the set up, we looked at many and fell in love with this one. As we are setting it up I have a couple of questions for you all out there- The slide out window in the living room, the big one in the back, is really hard to slide open, I can't even do it I have to call my strong husband to open it!! Is that normal for new or is something wrong? And the toilet doesn't hold water. Those are two main things I'm concered with right now, In two weeks we go camping for the first time we will see what happened then.. Hope some one can help us out.
Thanks,
Maria

jbeletti

Hi Maria,

Neither of these issues are normal but both can happen.

On the window, I'd have that one checked by your dealer to make sure the window frame is not torqued wrong. The windows should slide pretty easily.

As for the toilet, hard to say if the slide ball and seal needs to be cleaned or if there is a real problem with it. Use a brush and the sprayer and while flushing the toilet, scrub the seal a bit and spray the seal and ball very good with water.

Spray the open and closed ball/seal with Pam cooking spray. If it still will never hold water, here again, I'd take it back to your dealer and go over all the things you've tried. There is a troubleshooting guide in the Dometic Sealand toilet manual in your documentation with your trailer.

Best of luck - these both should be solvable.

Jim

jpmorgan37

Maria;
Try spraying the window channels with silicone spray. Sometimes this will solve the problem. There are several reasons that the toilet won't hold water and if it is new and hasn't been used, I would suspect a defective seal or ball valve.

John