iPad and forum issues

porthole

Retired
Using an iPad 3 and safari as the browser for the forum.
Whenever I try and post in the reply box I type one character and the keyboard slides down. Tap the screen, type one character and the keyboard drops again.

It does this continuously until I have 6-10 characters, then the keyboard stays active.
I have this issue only on the HL forum. No other apps give me this issue either.

To post on the forum what I have been doings is entering my comments in a text editor then copying-pasting into the dialog box.

Anyone else seen this issue, have an answer?

danemayer

Duane, my answer would be to download the Tapatalk App. Spend $5 on the HD version for iPad. It's a much better way to read the forum than the browser.

porthole

Retired
Duane, my answer would be to download the Tapatalk App. Spend $5 on the HD version for iPad. It's a much better way to read the forum than the browser.

Do you have an iPad "3"?

Tapatalk is not a much better. On the phone it is easier to use, but for the iPad, even the HD version, the browser is a better viewing experience.

Duane,

Same here. By chance did you upgrade to iOS 6? I did and have the same issue you have.

Jim, yes, IOS 6. But I don't recall if the "slide" started before or after updating to 6

billnsue

Apple had an update yesterday to IOS 6.0.1 to fix a couple of bugs, might be worth a try and see if your issue goes away.

dougw

When the keyboard comes up to type, in the upper left above the "q" there is "previous" and "next". Make sure previous is selected.

doug

jbeletti

I am testing on the iPad 2 with iOS 6 now. Sure enough, pressed in the reply area, keyboard comes up, press a letter and keyboard goes away! Then I looked for Previous and Next. I believe only Next was available. Pressed it and sure enough, I could type without the keyboard disappearing. Great tip - thanks Doug!

jbeletti

Here's what Doug is talking about - the Next / Previous and Done (not shown) buttons. Seems to be an iPad keyboard thing for completing forms. Next/Previous for moving from field to field. Done when done completing the form.

photo.JPG

porthole

Retired
So, I tried the previous next button, never really paid attention to it before. That seems to work some of the time.

Deb has an iPad 1 still running 5.1.1 (the most current) and hers acts differently.
In the reply box her keyboard has previous, next and auto fill. Next is highlighted, typing is normal. If you click on next it takes you to the top of the page, like tapping the time bar at the top of the screen. Tapping next again gringos up a vB keyboard style choice.

Jim, which iPad do you have? If a 3 maybe this is a 3rd gen with IOS 6x issue.

just tried it on my 4s with 6.0 and have the same thing happening. On the phone I do use TaT, so never noticed it using the browser.

Geting the update to .1 now. Most of the updates listed under the info screen seem relatively minor, but if you click on the learn more tab and go to Apples web, it looks like the main reason for the update is security issues. Apple software mousers are finally getting to see what the window users have known for years - there are people who like to screw with your technology of choice.

Trying with iOS 6.01 Safari on the iPad 2

i have the 3, and for the forum, Safari is far better the TaT.

porthole

Retired
Duane and Dan,

I'm using iPad 2 and iOS 6.

First response with the .1 update and so far seems ok. The next button now takes me to the first space in the text box, e.g. Before the first [ in the quote line.

So perhaps it is a pad 3 with 6.0 issue.

porthole

Retired
So this is defiantly an issue with this particular forum using Safari
I went out and got one of these iPad keypads.
Works OK but it also has some issues.

In the reply box, each time I type a character the cursor disappears.
Have to keep tapping the screen to get the the curser back up.

Duane
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1352096010.581335.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1352096010.581335.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 29

dougw

With the new ipad update I'm not seeing the issue anymore myself. Life is good once more.