What would you do?

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Interested to get some unbiased opinions. Not sure if I'm making a mountain out of mole hill. (Also don't know if this is the appropriate place to post, but we'll start here.)

Bought our BH3670 around Labor Day, 2012. Father in Law wanted to help us, since financing for full timers is non existent. However, we needed to go through his dealer and his credit union. Not a biggie.

Had our first problem here in Memphis. The ball bearings from the slides on the drawer were falling out, so the slide wasn't working. We called "the guy" at the dealership who first informed us we'd have to bring it in (let's just say not anywhere near Memphis) to get it fixed, but they probably won't have the part. Then he gave us the name of two Heartland dealerships in Memphis, but they probably wouldn't have the part, and most likely won't want to do the service, either. Hmmm.

I asked the service guy if he could order the part and ship it to us? No problem. Just email detailed pictures so they could see exactly what parts they would need to order. That was easy. I included with the email our address in South Dakota for him to send them to.

A day passes and we get a call from father in law. Dealership just called him and wanted to know the measurements of the slides for the drawers. He's stressed that things are breaking already, etc. We get him calmed down and send the measurements via email and expressed my disappointment that they called my father in law. Please, in the future communicate with me.

Two weeks passed yesterday and we get a call from father in law. Wants to know what we want him to do with the slides for the drawers, UPS just dropped them off there.

We email the dealer and again express our disappointment and got back the following:

I apologize on behalf of my parts dept.
I told them where to ship the drawer slide
and somehow they didn't ship it to the correct destionation.
It would be one thing if shipping would be $50 or more,
but its only going to be $5-$10...
If you are concerned about that, then we can get that addressed.

What would you do at this point?

danemayer

Send your father-in-law the $10 for shipping and try to let go. The dealer should pay for it, but you have to ask yourself if it's worth getting the dealer and your father-in-law worked up trying to get reimbursed.

GOTTOYS

Start a war with your Father-in-law and get the dealer involved. With any luck none of you will be talking to each other before this is over..That should be worth the 10 bucks..If he's getting stressed because a lousy drawer slide broke wait until something major happens.....Or just pay the shipping and get on with your life..Don

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ouch!! That was harsh!!

Call the dealer, give them your credit card #. Find another dealer. Ask father in law to not worry, you have taken care of. Be calm but be nice. It always works out better.

FWIW
BC

westxsrt10

Perfict Senior Member
Thats a tiny issue not worth getting too upset over. Wait till you get a blow-out on a oem tire, then raise H.
Fix it yourself.....Call Heartland, ask them nicely to ship you the part. (they did this for me)

GOTTOYS

Meant to be more tongue in cheek, not harsh. Sorry if it didn't sound so great. In all probability I would have gotten the part from a hardware store and just fixed it. I find it easiest and fastest to just do it on my own..Don

Kbvols

Sims you know the Juice isn't worth the squeeze...let it go move on thank the dealer for assisting you want them to be on your side if bigger issues arise. Appreciate your father in law...since he seems to be closer to dealer you may need to "leverage" his services while you are traveling about.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Hmmm. Bought the rig Sept. 2012 and the drawer slide failed. You probably could have called Heartland with your VIN, explained where you were and had it shipped to a dealer near you. You're still under warranty.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Drawer slides are pretty cheap at Home D or Lowe's. Too save all the time and aggrevation, I would have spent the $10 or $15 bucks and fixed it myself. The slides are all standard and come in various lengths. Maybe a ten minute job.