New ElkRidge, Need Advice

Billydean

Just purchased 36qbck 11/2/2012 had Dutchmen classic gl 30 ft new is 40' 9" long interested in finding a good cover for it and a tounge stabilizer thought maybe someone on here could help me:cool:

jimtoo

Hi Billydean,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Don't do covers myself, I live in the South where we use the RV at any time. As far as the tongue stabilizer (pin stabilizer for 5th wheel?) I had one and it did not do the job at all. I would suggest the arms or bars between the jack legs like Steady Fast units or there are others out there also.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

fishnwich

What ever you purchase make sure that you can get the cover up onto the top of the Fifth wheel. I purchased a ARCO cover and it weights 50 lbs and is unmanagable with one or two people. Mine is on a Elkridge 2013 model 34 TSRE 37' 11" long. They do make a winch that connects to the top of the ladder to hoist the tarp to the top of the fifth wheel. Being 12' 6" un in the air good luck $400 at See Grins in Gilroy Ca.

Last edited: