Garage Tie Down Locations

Deepsky3539

I found instructions on-line for mounting my tie down rails and I have a few questions. First of all , the instructions specifically mention a diagram for placement that I can find nowhere and secondly, they also state to be sure to get in to the frame. With the heavy stuff people are putting in these units, it definitely makes sense to get the tie downs hooked in to the frame but without the diagram, I would have to guess and I am not the guessing kind. So ... First question:

1. Do you indeed have to get the rails in to the frame or are the 15 screw holes per rail enough (screwed in to the decking) to do the job? If so, what size screws do you recommend?

2. If you must screw in to the frame, where can I get a diagram or description of where the frame members are?

Thanks in advance.

Loco

It all comes down to what you planon putting in the back. We haul Harleys in our rig. There was no way I was going to use screws to hold our tracks down. I used 1/4 inch beveled head bolts and put fender washers on the under side of the rig. Some were very hard to get too. But I did it by myself. I also added D-ring hold downs in my floor. I have some pictures That I will put on here later today after we get back riding. If I can help more just let me know. I have done tons of things to our rig too make it the best I can

Attachments

• 2007 trailer pics 061.jpg
    2007 trailer pics 061.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 2007 trailer pics 050.jpg
    2007 trailer pics 050.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Deepsky3539

I appreciate that .. I don't think that I need something incredibly sturdy as I am only trying to lock down a couple of 200lb telescopes and some miscellaneous items that are lighter than that but I also didn't want to limit myself in case I wanted to haul something heavier like a snow machine.

Deepsky3539

An update .. I got a call from Heartland today and as impressed as I was with such a quick reply I was equally as disappointed with the person who called. He seemed to know next to nothing about where the frame members were and whether or not I needed to hook in to them at all. He is supposedly looking for a diagram for me but was much more inclined to have me crawl under and look for them myself. I will reserve judgement until I get a call back or not.

FennerJ

Heartland Dealer Service
We are working on getting a print for you as to the locations of the metal cross members. Unfortunately, our techs are unable to memorize the locations of each cross member in every floorplan that we have. This sometimes requires a call back to the customer once we find the solution or print. We do though call and request prints or answers from engineering when questions from our customers do come in to enable us to answer your questions accurately rather than guess.

Thanks for your patience in this matter and you should be hearing something from Heartland Customer Service shortly. Jim Fenner

Deepsky3539

I did receive a call early this morning from Gary Randolph to confirm my model number and he sent me some blueprints this morning. Armed with those and a picture (someone measuring from an edge inside the garage) that I found on the instruction sheet, I think I will be able to get it figured out. I will let everyone know how it turns out. I am going to go drilling for steel tonight.

Deepsky3539

Last post on this topic ... The blueprints that I got this morning definitely did the trick. I nailed the I-Beams on the sides perfectly and caught a solid piece of U channel for the center. I will have to run two different bolts with fender washers on the center track since I wanted them mounted so far back and there was no cross member where the 2nd and 3rd hole from the rear are. One busted screw and two sore forearms later, it is complete. Thanks to the folks at Heartland and Gary Randolph specifically for jumping on this so quickly.