Winegard GM-5000

mobilcastle

Anyone looked at Winegard GM-5000? It will handle 2 tuners. Looks promising-anyone know if you can use Hopper and Joey with it?
Thanks
Steve

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
The only thing I can tell you is what I read over on the Escapees forum in reply to your question.
It wont work with Hopper.
You may be better off with a dish on a tripod if you want to use Hopper.

Peace
Dave

DonnyB007

I just got a GM-5000 and went over everything in my livingroom. What is Hopper and Joey? One thing I couldn't figure out is that darn stainless steel bolt they give you to crew in under the dish to keep things in place. The problem was, none of the holes seemed to line up at all to be able to screw that darn bolt in place. They have to re-engineer that to make it simpler. Sure I can drill some more holes to make it work, but I shouldn't have to.

I think the rest of the set up will be a breeze though by the looks of things. I purchased a 21 inch TV HD and a BELL receiver to go with it. Really looking forward to putting it all toigether in the Spring and seeing it owrk.

danemayer

Hi DonnyB007,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Lots of great information here along with friendly and helpful people.

Hopper and Joey are a DISH TV offering that lets you record programs on your DVR and watch them on any TV in the house.