Anyone develop a system to carry stuff above the propane tanks on their Edge?

evolvingpowercat

Has anyone fabricated something to go above the propane tanks on their Edge to carry some relatively light things like plastic storage tubs, coolers, or bikes above the propane tanks on their Edge? If so please post some photos or comment as to your thoughts: Good idea, bad idea? I am thinking of creating about a 24" x 48" platform using marine plywood, supported by an aluminum square tubing structure. My thought is to build it so the propane tanks could still be removed without removing it. Still have to think this thru to make sure if it was 48" wide and 24" deep that the front corners would not interfere with turns.

Chumbly

I think that if I was going to "make" something, it would be on the back, and not the front. On the front, I think it would reduce your positive air flow and likely be a bug catcher anyways...not sure I'd want anything there, but that's just my opinion. I'd be more inclined to put something on the back (and offset the front weight ratio), and store the dump sewer hoses, etc. somewhere else. But there again- that's just me.