Thermostat Problem

jwalker1

It's been a little chilly at night here in Lumberton, NC and we tried setting the thermostat to 55 and 65 but the furnace doesn't seem to want to come on until we bump it up to 70. Now I know it's not 70 in the camper.....We have a 2011 Cyclone 3950. Don't want to keep it at 70 during the night just want to keep it comfortable in the coach...Any assistance would be appreciated.

rjr6150

Joe
Is your t-stat digital or one of the older analog type? If not already digittal would head to your local wally world and purchase a Hunter digital to change out if not already digital. We used one of these on our old units and loved it for the accuracy.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The old analog thermostats can have a huge swing in temperature adjustments, my old one had over 7 degrees in the setting vs when it would actually come on. Switching to the digital resolved that issue.

jwalker1

It's one of the old thermostats that you put it on a number (70) and then it kicks on. How hard is it to change it out to digital. Can I do this myself or will I have to have someone install it for me? I am kind of mechanically challenged.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
It's not extremely hard, but does require some skill with electrical connections and small connectors. I believe the instructions are in the Tools section of the forum. You may want to check around your campground and see if anyone else has done this and if they could help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gary521

Adding a digital is quite easy. Just follow wiring instructions and double check how your old one was wired. With a Hunter, you will loose the low speed fan on the AC, which is no big deal. It is possibe to retain to retain the low speed AC fan but you need to wire in another switch. As everyone has said, the new stat will work a lot better.