Water filtration system for mpg travel trailer

jearnest

Has anyone added a water filtration system to an mpg travel trailer? I'm planning a trip to Alaska by way of the Al-Can Highway next summer and have a little concern with water at some of the out of the way places that I want to visit. jearnest

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
As long as you can find a place to mount the system, why not install it.
There are several types available, from an RO system to a cartridge type that may filter out your concerns.

Peace
Dave

kb0zke

We use an inline cartridge. I prefer to put the pressure regulator directly on the faucet, then the filter, and then the hose going to the trailer. Sometimes I have to use a short section of hose between the faucet and the regulator or the regulator and the filter to avoid a too-sharp bend.

evolvingpowercat

just go to a Wal-mart and buy the blue inline water filter kit, which is an in-line filter and a short piece of stain reliefed hose to allow it to make the turn from horizontal to vertical without kinking. I put a in-line shut off after it so I can run a little water thru it each time I use it before I hook it to the RV fresh water connector. It has a charcol filter section and every time you first run water thru it you get a little of the charcol dust in the first few cups of water that flow out of it. Having it portable and in-line with the hose lets you use it to refill your fresh tank with filtered water too.