Know the height

olcoon

I wake up in cold sweats thinking about something like that! Even though our rig is 12 something, I use 13'+

galee78

Great video! I also watch for low clearance. By the time I see the signs to would be to late to stop any damage.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Roy,
I had that same dream about 2 months ago,that I went under a low bridge and sardine canned my roof.
I even told my DW about it.

THEN about three weeks later, I cut too soon when turning near a large low oak tree branch and tore about 6' ft of the roof along the off door edge. After 25 years of RVing!

It required a complete rubber roof membrane replacement. Fortunately, very little structural damage was done.
Cost my insurance company 7 grand.

The moral of the story; Don't be in a hurry when negotiating obstructions. Trace

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
It definately will not help if you are moving like the vehicles in the video. It may have helped in our situation and as a result we now own one.

TXTiger

Ouch. I would think that with all the collisions in the past that the road would be dug down and lowered to make more clearance. Don't raise raise the bridge, lower the river errr road!