3670 gap at seal in bedroom

madigand

Just noticed a gap in the middle of the bedroom slide. The rubber seal looks level; however I have about a 1 to 2" gap about 2 foot long in the middle of the slide where the rubber seal does not touch the bottom of the slide. I happened to notice this when I raised the bed and the paneling to inspect the bedroom rollers. (I found one screw about halfway out. Now to figure out how to get it tightened all the way down) I saw sunlight at the head of the bed coming from the floor. When I went outsideto inspect, saw gap. For a temp fix I got some heavy duty pipe insulation and put it in to close the gap. Any one have any ideas or suggestions?

Forrest Fetherolf

madigand,

Your problem is not the first and is fixable. This is my post several months ago, others had the same problem.

Forrest Fetherolf said:
My 3600RL had the same roller problem of snapping off the screws allowing the sides of the bedroom slide to sag and pinch the lower rubber wiper seal. The king bed cantilevers over the slider rails about one foot on each side. The factory installed the rollers near the slide rails with only two screws not four. The slide floor sagged on the ends and bow up in the middle not contacting the center roller. Because of the weight on the rollers, I shimmed under the slide base frame to raise the entire slide 3/8". I relocated the rollers closer to the end of the slide with 4 drywall screws to eliminate the sagging ends and bow up in the middle. The three rollers factory installed are not strong enough to support the weight and should be replaced with longer rollers. So far I have pulled about 4000 miles and the slide fix has worked.

Move the slide in about a foot for access................if you are a contortionist the fix will be easier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forrest

madigand

Forrrest
Thanks for the quick reply. If I understand correctly, I need to move the rollers at the head of the bedroom slide closer to the center. How about adding a 3rd roller in the center to help distribute the load. I assume I need to shim the ends up to take out the bow of the slide in the middle.
I agree about having to be a Chinese Acrobat to be able to get in there to do this mod :D

Forrest Fetherolf

Madigand

No, the rollers should be moved out as far as possible toward the slide edge. Once the rollers are moved, the plywood floor will relax and not bow up in the middle. If not, add shim(s) between the slide plywood floor and slide frame to force the floor down.

I've attached pics and prior post of the same problem with the kitchen slide I repaired.

3600RL Kitchen Slide Roller Support Failure

Scott,
I have attached photos of the kitchen slide roller support failure. The photos reveal that the support roller was installed in the middle area under the refrig rather than closer to the right edge where all the loading occurs. You can see that the support roller had already been moved once at the factory, but not far enough to support the load. The other photos show the extreme loading on the roller to the point that it is leaving deep grooves on the underside of the slide.

The roller can be relocated to the edge without difficulty, but the roller is obviously not wide enough to distribute the load. If you will provide adequate width rollers, I will do the modification.

This condition also occurred with the bedroom slide. I was able to move the rollers closer to the slide edges and install 4 larger screws to secure the rollers. This mod appears to have resolved the problem.

The factory should consider supporting the slide plywood floor with steel "L" or "C" reinforcing to eliminate the floor bowing between support rollers.
Attached Thumbnails//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1294&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1178131313 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1295&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1178131313 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1296&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1178131373 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1297&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1178131373 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1298&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1178131373 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1299&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1178131373 //heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=1300&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1178131373

The RV-Ramblers

BigHorn Owners
Forrest,
Take a look at this photo to see if this might be your problem. The outrigger gusset has been cutoff at assembly.
//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=987&d=1171908329