TPMS: Installed & Programed

bd2dabone

Got my TST 507 system up and running today. Easy installation. All left to do is tidy up the wires on the repeater and install a small inline toggle switch for the power to the repearter. Took the monitor inside the house and it was receiving the signal inside. Toy Hauler is next to house under cover @ 70 feet away. Watched the pressures today and was surprised tires had an increase of 5 psi from temperature increase and sun just sitting in drive.

sjs731

Installing & Programmed

Did you go with the flo thru sensors?

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

bd2dabone

Installing & Programmed

Standard sensors. Takes about 3 seconds to remove and about the same to reinstall.

KWire

Re: Installing & Programmed

bd2dabone,

It looks like you sprayed Red Oxide primer on the ground bar??? Can I ask why?

Keith

ncc1701e

A little different question about the system. I can not keep my sensors communicating with the 507 display unit. Even if the unit is in the trailer, fully charged, after a day or two every sensor will stop communicating. I've tryed everything I can think of but the units just will not seem to maintain reading. Before the last trip I put in new batteries, had everything working. Left the display on the counter in the trailer for a week and eventually before we pulled out all four of the sensors were not displaying. Just wondering if anyone has had issues and what the solution was.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired

I left my repeater inside the front storage compartment. It still works fine. Did yours not pick up the signal inside?

DavidIley

Have been using Pressure Pro Tire Monitors for three and half years now. Many miles on them. Never take them off tires except for tire replacement, etc. Work great. Have yet to replace any monitors. Wouldn't travel without them. Love the confidence that they provide.

Gizzy

A little different question about the system. I can not keep my sensors communicating with the 507 display unit. Even if the unit is in the trailer, fully charged, after a day or two every sensor will stop communicating. I've tryed everything I can think of but the units just will not seem to maintain reading. Before the last trip I put in new batteries, had everything working. Left the display on the counter in the trailer for a week and eventually before we pulled out all four of the sensors were not displaying. Just wondering if anyone has had issues and what the solution was.

I suggest you call TST and explain your problem. My experience with them when I got mine (several years ago) was the best customer service you can get anywhere. I'm sure they will work with you to solve your problem.

jnbhobe

If you left the display on the counter for a week wouldn't the display batteries go dead wiht no power to recharge them ??

cookie

Administrator
Staff member

Did you have the monitor turned off while sitting for a week?
Press and hold the - key for about six seconds till it turns off.
Turn it back on the same way.

Peace
Dave

dave10a

Watched the pressures today and was surprised tires had an increase of 5 psi from temperature increase and sun just sitting in drive.

That is normal. Also you can expect approx 50 deg F increase in internal tire temperature after driving about hour which will translate into approx 2psi for every 10 deg F for trailer and truck tires. BTY tire temperature should be monitored as well as pressure to get an early warning of pending doom.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I just received a new monitor from TST. Had to send the old one in due to one of the buttons feeling kinda sluggish. Received it in a short time, but now I have to reprogram it.

ncc1701e

I have been waiting to hear back from the folks at TST. They are sending a new monitor (replacement) and one new tire sensor. It seems that after a little testing on their bench the monitor was doing exactly what I had reported and would loose connection with the tire sensors one by one. The tech said he was not exactly sure as to why so they were just completely replacing the unit. The unit would not regain a connection without technicians skillful help. One of the tire sensors had a broken connection internally also. These folks were very helpful and easy to deal with.

In a discussion with the technician, I asked about removing the tire sensors when the camper was sitting for periods. He said that while this might increase the life of the batteries only slightly the real issues were around the reprogramming of the sensors and monitor everytime. Unless you don't have a way to keep the monitor charged I got the impression from our conversation that he felt it much better to leave the tire sensors in place all the time.

We did discuss the repeater and I will be investigating that. Although, I have to admit that when the unit was working I never had any issues. It was only after a few months that the intermittent sensor dropout issue started showing up.

porthole

Retired

I don't use the repeater, but i did take the antenna that was included with the kit and install it above the headlines in the ruck. That solved the occasional lost sensor I was getting at the back of the trailer.