A Little More Room Beside Bed

BBinNC

I would like just another couple of inches beside the bed so it would be easier to make the bed. It is almost impossible to tuck a blanket in at the top of the bed. Anyone else interested in this???

dbbls59

Yes, it would be good if they just allowed a couple of inches more between the mattress and the sides of the slide. The bed room area is really cramped with hardly enough room around the bed to maneuver. Seems like these things were designed by people who have never made the bed.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you apply something slick, like self-stick tiles, lino, or even a plastic sheet, to the bed platform, it becomes very easy to slide the mattress down, put on the sheets, and slide it back.

Speedy

Heartland should make the bathroom and closets smaller in order to increase space around the bed.

The queen bed makes things easier.

jayandhisgals

If you apply something slick, like self-stick tiles, lino, or even a plastic sheet, to the bed platform, it becomes very easy to slide the mattress down, put on the sheets, and slide it back.

That is a GREAT ideia! I can't tell you how much I wrasseled around with that darn matress! I've got extra floor tiles laying around the house from our kitchen remodel. I am gonna out to the Cyclone and doing this right now. Thanks so much for the ideia!

Noobie

I move a lot when I sleep would the mattress slide if I did that? My dog also sleeps on the bed and jumps up and down and don't want him to get hurt

Current: 2006 Forest River Forrester 2861DS
Wanted: 2013 Cyclone 4100
Toy: 2011 Yamaha Stryker 1300 "Blacked Out"
Full timers in AZ

JohnDar

I move a lot when I sleep would the mattress slide if I did that? My dog also sleeps on the bed and jumps up and down and don't want him to get hurt

The heavy mattress won't move unless you want it to and won't slide around in your sleep. Several of us have modified our bed platforms in this manner. It beats making the bathroom and closet smaller. Of course, if you're ordering from the factory, you can specify queen bed instead of the king. And some folks, depending on their slide mechanism, have modified the platform from king to queen.

Noobie

Sounds good thanks! We love the king bed just gonna need to be able to move it around easier to make it

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
The plastic/vinyl trick works good. I personally would not want the bathroom or closets any smaller. The 3450 works great for us although queen bed option might provide more room for walking around the bed.

JohnDar

A tip if you plan to use self-stick tiles is to first apply a coating of latex sealer to the chipboard platform. It will help the tiles stick better to that very rough material. You can trim the edges with some fake wood (foam) trim from Lowe's or Home Depot to prevent slivers and catching the sheets. I used strips of double-sided carpet tape on the inner surface of the trim to stick it to the tiles.

I've shown this photo before, but I have no shame!

View attachment 22009

GOTTOYS

One of those projects I just haven't gotten to yet..is to remove the tracks for my sliding closet doors and remount them a few inches into the closet, then extend the door jambs on the sides. This would give a little extra room for my big feet alongside the bed. Looks like Heartland has done something similar on some of the newer models...Don

That's why we ordered the Queen Bed Option in our 3450TS.
When we looked at the models and seen there was no room to move around, we decided to go with the Queen Bed.
Another feature of the Queen Bed Option was a small (about 8") night stand with a door.

Hockster

=======================================================================================================================================

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have the sleep number bed, which is very lightweight. It can scoot when you lean against it, now that we have the vinyl tiles on the platform, but that's ok. I'd rather it move when I'm trying to get around it! We have a tighter fit in our bedroom with the a slide that can only hold a queen.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352421225.783421.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk