planning a trip

plumberdude

Hello Heartlanders across the country,
My wife and i are going to plan atrip from New Mexico to Mass. can anyone tell me what service that would help us.If get started now we can save up for two mths. trip.(no not retired don't like flying) Lets see if this makes sence, travel 2200 miles
in a cofined space with a women (of 31yrs:D) a stn. sch. that runs the house for two mths. Lets not forget her with ME for 31yrs also. You bet. We have fun where ever go. This one of thoses should-of would-of could-of.. Thanks for any input.

Remember:
the thoughte of the journey
the adventure the excitement
the peace and opportunity
will out weigh the fear

jimtoo

Re: planing a trip

Pat,

Are you going to include the Heartland National Rally in June?

Pack your clothes, if you have more than 2 pair of jeans, tee shirts and shorts neatly in storage container in front storage compartment. Lori will have the closets and drawers full already hook up and go. Pick out some places you want to see and Lori will tell you how to get there. :)
Try to drive no more than about 300 miles a day and stay a couple of days each place if you can.

Jim M

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors

Good Sam Club has trip planning software that is pretty good, it generally routes you with good sam member rv parks along the way. We kinda like to fly by the seat of our pants, so I'll start out with a couple of routes from google maps and find places to stay as we go. We might drive 30 miles or 300 miles, we never know. We like to use good old road maps (Atlas) but there are plenty of hi-tech options out there, I'm sure you will get some other replies. Good luck and have fun.

Rrloren

I use Microsoft Streets and Trips. You can plan very detailed or loosely, your choice.
We used to travel 400 to 450 miles per day and sometimes 500, but in recent yrs. we have cut back to 250 to 300 on most days. Much easier on the back, and we can take a little time to smell the Roses.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders

I usually plan a trip using Google maps. I start by putting in my starting point and destination, then go back and decide where to stop overnight. Jim M has the right idea about no more than 300 miles per day.

Hope you can make the national rally in Goshen.

wdk450

Have your Emergency Road Service policy in order (Most RVers prefer Good Sam). You might also think about their travel insurance, too. Gets you and your rig home in case of accident/illness. Have your rig checked out before leaving, especially the tires.

I hope your trip will be problem free, but it is best to be prepared.

Westwind

I have started planning a cross country trip and I'm using AAA Triptik on their website for free. You can get a pretty low level of detail and the problem makes suggestions.