Difference Between Elk Ridge and Elk Ridge Express

JeremyN

I am seriously thinking about going with what seems to be a new model for Heartland, the Elk Ridge Express E29. It has what seems to be a new layout and I think my wife and I really like it. I just need to find more pictures of it on the internet, as right now, almost (0) exist besides the overhead floor layout picture.

My question comes though, what is the main differences between the regular Elk Ridge models and the Express models?

I know that we had looked at an E30 a while back, but it didn't have a radio/dvd player combo. I know this shouldn't be a big deal for most people, but it is for me. I have two littler kids and we use our DVD player in our North Trail every night when we go camping. If the Express models come with just the radio, can you select an option to get the upgraded DVD player system that is in most all other Heartland products?

Thanks.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Do a search on YouTube. I could not find the E29 model, but you can see the other Express models they have. Then view some videos from the Elk Ridge models. You can see some differences in materials, options and the front cap seems to be different.

Good Luck

B

bwwalczak

Hi there -

The ElkRidge Express E29 is a new floorplan coming out. It will be available in winter 2013. Basically it is an E26 with the new outside kitchen and bigger bunks.

With regard to the DVD, if you option a TV from the factory, the TV has the DVD player - all integrated.

GREAT question on the difference between regular ElkRidge and Express. Simply, the Express 5ths are a 5th wheel at a travel trailer price. Express does not have all the options of the larger ElkRidge. Regular ElkRidge has taller slides and all have full profile bedrooms with bath decks. Express products are built to travel trailer specs - with the safety and convience of a 5th wheel.

Please make a special note that the Express models built AFTER 8/1/2012 will all come standard with the molded front cap (instead of just the fiberglass wrap). We have not updated the photos on our website yet, but it is coming.

If we can answer any questions directly, please give us a call here and ask for the most knowlegeable 5th wheel team - ElkRidge: 574-266-8726.

JeremyN

Thanks for the quick answer Bryan! I really do appreciate how quick members of the Heartland Team answer questions on here. Your response did spark another question for me though. If you order the TV from the factory, it has a integrated DVD player in it. Does that mean that the sound would then be hooked through the surround sound like it is on my North Trail 28BRS? When I just watch my TV now, it isn't connected to the surround sound. But when I run the DVD through the player, it is. That is why I ask.

Thanks.

B

bwwalczak

The only way to get the sound to play in the coach stereo (Express) is to run a cable from the TV to the stereo. This would come out of the headphone jack, so it is either TV sound or sound out of the coach stereo.

The North Trail uses the DVD in the coach player, so sound would come out of both.

JeremyN

Hi there -

The ElkRidge Express E29 is a new floorplan coming out. It will be available in winter 2013. Basically it is an E26 with the new outside kitchen and bigger bunks.

With regard to the DVD, if you option a TV from the factory, the TV has the DVD player - all integrated.

GREAT question on the difference between regular ElkRidge and Express. Simply, the Express 5ths are a 5th wheel at a travel trailer price. Express does not have all the options of the larger ElkRidge. Regular ElkRidge has taller slides and all have full profile bedrooms with bath decks. Express products are built to travel trailer specs - with the safety and convience of a 5th wheel.

Please make a special note that the Express models built AFTER 8/1/2012 will all come standard with the molded front cap (instead of just the fiberglass wrap). We have not updated the photos on our website yet, but it is coming.

If we can answer any questions directly, please give us a call here and ask for the most knowlegeable 5th wheel team - ElkRidge: 574-266-8726.

Bryan, just wanted to check and see if Heartland has started making the E29 yet? And do you have any pictures?

B

bwwalczak

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately we do not have photos yet, still being processed. We are building this model in Elkridge Express. We will in about 45 days.