Need to identify missing vent cap 09 Bighorn 3370 ???

Trailer Trash

Hi,
We have an 09 Bighorn 3370, a (what looks like) vent cap is missing between the shower skylight and the tv antenna. Its approx. 5 1/2 inches in diameter, there is a bolt sticking up from the base, if I remember the cap sits on the bolt. I want to call Heartland but want to sound intellegent so does anyone know what this is a vent to or what I ask Heartland for ???
Thanks Art :confused:
PS There are 4 other "standard" size vent caps on the roof but the one I need looks to be the oddball larger one.

Noobie

Got a picture could be a couple, tank vent fridge vent

Current: 2006 Forest River Forrester 2861DS
Wanted: 2013 Cyclone 4100
Toy: 2011 Yamaha Stryker 1300 "Blacked Out"
Full timers in AZ

wdk450

Could it be the vent for the bathroom sink? That is the only plumbing on my rig that is between the shower and the TV antenna.

Trailer Trash

Might be sink vent, that makes sense, its in the bathroom to the right of the shower skylight and above the vanity. Will call Heartland tomorrow and tell them where it is and maybe they can help me identify it. How about maybe the shower vent ? Or maybe the shower and sink vent are tied together ? This might explain why it is larger, the other vents are 3 1/2 inches diameter. Thanks for the ideas.
Hi Bill, hope you are doing well.

Art

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
The 5 1/2" vent is an attic vent, there might be more than one on the roof. 2009 Model year was the last year the attic vent were on Bighorn's and Landmark's because 2010 model years was the first year of laminated roofs.

Trailer Trash

Terry,
Thanks for the info. a friend also mentioned it might be an attic vent, I will check Camping World and the local RV dealer to see if anyone has one, last resort would be to have Heartland send me one.
Again thanks for steering me the right directiion.
Art

caissiel

I found mine also missing so I cut a 2 liter pop bottle to suit and double nut it on and so far so good. Will possibly replace later.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You can always call Heartland and email a pic of the area on the roof, I bet that would help them narrow it down pretty quickly.

I try to do this when I need parts. A picture is worth 1000 words. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too lost mine. It is an attic vent and is used on Keystone and some Heartland rv's. You can buy a replacement from allrvstuff.com. It is called a mushroom vent. They sell the cover for $9.95 plus a real expensive shipping charge. (mine was $16.95 for shipping)

jimtoo

Hi Jerrylingnau,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Thanks for the info and hope you continue to use the forum to help others and gain info for yourself.

Jim M