Look what happened to us

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
We got home yestersay (Labor Day) and decided to defrost the referigerator because we had some frost build-up on the fins. So we took all the food inside and put a couple of towels in the refer to soak up any excess water. Later in the day I came back to find that the frost was all gone and one of the fins laying on the refer shelf. It looks as if the rivets have let go. So I guess I will be calling Dometic today. I hope that there is a (2) year warranty on this. I have not looked into that yet.

Picture is attached, hope it comes through.

Mark

Attachments

• IMG_5437.JPG
    IMG_5437.JPG
    16.4 KB · Views: 162

madigand

Mark, Dometic told me 1 year warranty. Years 2 and 3 , unit must be inspected annually and documented. My halogen bulb burned out and this was the answer they told me. Agree looks like warranty should cover this problem with fins

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
An update

I called Dometic to get a replacement part but they would not send it to me. They said I would have to go through the dealer. Apparently my (2) year warranty will cover the part costs along with shipping and labor so I guess I got lucky on that one. I am just within my (2) year warranty and I asked the lady at Dometic if I had to do it immediately as I do not want to give up the coach for any extended amount of time because there is still much more camping to do. She created a file for me, made some notes and extended the (2) year portion of the warranty 30 days which will be great as this will put me at the end of the season for us.

FYI The third year portion of the warranty only covers parts and shipping, the labor costs comes out of our pockets then. Guess it's better than nothing. (Out of warranty this part for my refer would have costs me $79.00 + S&H)

Mark