Another new 3055 RL

chardel

It looks like a rash of new 3055 rl's being picked up at the end of Aug. We picked ours up a week ago and until I had things together at home stored it for a week. Brought it home last night. PDI at dealer's went pretty well and only a couple of small things and one big - a leak in the fresh water tank at the low drain point coming out of the tank and kinks in the wires going to the monitor which was causing bad readings. We noticed it during checks as we checked monitor to assure us that water tank was full before running some tests but then could not get any water pressure. Dealer sent in tech to check and then took unit into shop and pulled off a couple of techs and spent the next several hours running down all the possibilities and finally found and repaired the leak at the low drain point and repair all the wires to the monitor. Other than a yard boy hooking up their regular hitch to my pullright slider and bending the capture plate so they had to put on a new capture plate, delivery went pretty well. Pleased with the immediate response of the dealer to try to find the water problem (on a Sat. no less) and the generally good appearance of the unit and everything we checked worked, we were happy with the unit and the dealer - I guess you can't ask for more than that when picking up a new unit. This is our first 5th wheel as we has been Class C rv's the past 6 years - big difference in size. DW can't believe how big it looks when big horn is by itself on the truck compared to when you look at all of them lined up at the dealers and they are all about the same size - you lose the perspective. Looking forward to planning a trip to see family in the winter in the south this year and spending more time than we did before. Thanks to all for your thoughts and input on the forum and we look forward many years of comfortable travel in our new traveling home - it looks great.

jpmorgan37

Congratulations, Del and Charlotte; I know that you will enjoy your new coach and hope you have many wonderful adventures in it.

John

cmart

Congratulations Del & Charlotte. I know you'll love your 3055RL, picked ours up in May. We're thinking about going south for a couple months this winter and maybe we'll see you there.