Yamaha 2000

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We are seriously thinking about purchasing 2 Yamaha EF2000iS.
Your thoughts and any personal experience with this generator would be appreciated. We are planning on using them when we dry camp (also in case our house power goes out since winter is at hand :eek:).

sjs731

I have two of them. They work awesome. Plug them in parallel and run both if running a/c and microwaves and just one if just running lights and outside fridge and tv.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoadJunkie

The only reason I chose the Honda over the Yamaha is that the plug for the 30A companion (running two generators) was integrated into the Honda, which--to me--was less bulky. I think they are both great little units.

GOTTOYS

Yamaha has a fuel shut-off valve so you can run the carburetor dry. On a Honda the fuel shut-off is incorporated with the kill switch so you have to pull the side cover off and manually empty the carburetor for storage. Yamaha claims a longer engine life although I don't think that will ever come in to play. On the Honda Companion model with the 30 amp plug you still need an adapter for the plug as it's the wrong configuration to use with an RV. Either is a good choice. I had a Honda 2000 that I never used so I sold it and lost about $20.00 on it...Wish I could do that with everything else I've sold!..Don