Concerned about my Road Warrior

tljack

I have 2013 RW 305. We have put about 7,000 miles on it so far and for the most part things have gone good.

Reading the posts here is causing me some concern. Apparently the RW is Heartlands el cheapo unit. This is hardly what my dealer had told me. You'd think by now at 63 years I would learn to not trust anyone. Ha

It seems like a lot of folks are having a bunch of troubles and dissappointments.

We have started out ok for the most part. The areas we have had issues with so far is the screws holding down the water pump were barely long enough to just penetrate the wood and the whole pump was flopping around. It was good this happened because when I opened the access to it there was water everywhere. Turned out the sink drain in bathroom was only held by about 1 turn. Out bathroom floor was very squishy. The dealer says it looked like the bulder had not put in all of the floor supports.

Then there is that cheap woodwork. If my wife barely bumps it with the vaccuum for instance, chunks come off. I was told to color it with a felt marker...........:(

Sandpirate69

tljack,

You need to replace the Towmax Powerking tires. That's going to be one of your near future problems. As far as the RW305 being a lower grade, I've had mine for a couple of years and its been great. Not worried if someone claims its cheaper than another. Sometimes the bank account determines what we spend or the wife. LOL

Ivan

porthole

Retired
The RW is not an "el cheapo" model. It is built on the same assembly line as the Cyclone. Might even see a mix of Cyclones and RW's on any given day.
The main difference for the most part is available or standard upgrades.

2 examples when we bought our Cyclone was that the C came standard wth gel coated sides and solid surface countertops.

IIRC, the gel coat was an option and the solid surface was not available on the RW.

TXTiger

GM has the Chevy and the GMC, Ford has the Ford and the Lincoln, Honda has the Honda and the Acura, Toyota has the Toyota and the Lexis, etc. Heartland Toy Haulers are the 1) Torque, 2) Road Warrior and the 3) Cyclone. The difference is with the appointments and standard upgrades. The Road Warrior has a little better carpet than the Torque, and the Cyclone a even better carpet than the Road Warrior etc. Appliances, drapes, counter tops etc. get better in quality as you go from #1 to #2 to #3. All will have the potential to have some minor problems. None is better than the other as far as the basic construction.

tljack

Thanks for replying. Our 2013 does have solid surface counter tops in the kitchen. We are very happy with this unit overall.

tljack

tljack,

You need to replace the Towmax Powerking tires. That's going to be one of your near future problems. As far as the RW305 being a lower grade, I've had mine for a couple of years and its been great. Not worried if someone claims its cheaper than another. Sometimes the bank account determines what we spend or the wife. LOL

Ivan

I replaced the tires when I was leaving the dealership. I commented to my service writer that I would be back in the future. The super of the body shop was there also and I told her I did not want to see her. She said, "then get rid of those tires". We drove across the street to the Les Schwab dealership and had truck tires put on. They even gave me $200.00 for the factory ones! =)