New noise from what I believe may be the fan

PeternLiane

The noise start earlier this week. I can hear fan run. Then it sounds like fan is having trouble continuing to run. it sounds like RRRRRR R RRRRR R RRRRR Rrrr and then nothing. I don't know if the fan is going out or what. How can I find out if the fan is good or bad?

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Don says it may be a bearing. Other than an "optical tachometer" to check the speed of the blades there's not a whole lot you can do...other than to make sure there's nothing stuck in the blades. Once the bearings start to fail it's time to either replace the fan (if possible) or get a new inverter/converter.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Your rig isn't that old. Determine which/whose converter you have, verify that the fan is making the noise (not trash in it), and call the manufacturer before running out and buying a new one.

If it's a Progressive Dynamics model, this is from their website:

RETAIL CUSTOMERS
  1. Power Converters or Marine Battery Chargers are warranted for a period of 2-years after the date of purchase of the RV or Boat. If your unit is still under warranty, your dealer is responsible for contacting the manufacturer to obtain a replacement.
  2. If your RV Power Converter is out of warranty, we will repair or replace it with a Factory Serviced and Warranted unit. Please contact us at 269-781-4241 (option 3) for current repair prices.
  3. If your Marine Charger is out of warranty, we will repair or replace it with a Factory Serviced and Warranted unit. Please contact us at 269-781-4241 (option 3) for current repair prices.

PeternLiane

Thank you, I'll check the converter and call customer service. It's just so weird. It works fine and then it'll just start sounding weird.