Front door latch

Daddywags

The front entrance door latch will not release easily to open the door. Some trouble shooting indentifies mis-aligbnment. However, by pushing the door in with some pressure allows the door to open. Our 5th wheel is 4 months old and we reported this when purchased and it has gotten progressively worse.

jbeletti

Re: ATF: Landmark - Front door latch

Entrance door latches can be adjusted to fix this. Please contact any Heartland dealer to setup an appointment to get this adjusted.

Also, welcome to the forum and to the Heartland family.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
It's normal to have to apply some pressure when latching the door.
Your latch may have gotten bent. You can bend the latch back very easily to make things work smoothly once again.

Peace
Dave

sjs731

Is it just binding? I occasionally wipe a little bit of light gun oil on the latch on the door. It also helps it close easier so the kids don't have to slam it so hard like they seem to enjoy doing. Ha ha

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If the bolt is catching on the outer wall, you may need to adjust it further in (or chisel a shallow channel for it). On mine, the bolt did not fully extend,although the key indicated it was locked. The bolt was hitting the aluminum framing and barely engaged. I drilled a hole in the framing for the bolt to extend into and problem solved.