Tow Vehicle for North Trail

I am considering purchasing NT 24RBS. My tow vehcile is a Chev 3500 Express Class B. I would appreciate input from anyone who might beusing this type of vehcile.

jimtoo

Hi coneagle59fal,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I moved your question to a better area for opinions and answers. I also changed the tittle for you. Hope you get the answers your looking for.

Enjoy the forum and lets go camping.

Jim M

JeremyN

My neighbor has a NT 24RBS and he easily tows it with his 2006 Silverado 1500HD. He said it pulls great. In fact, he even pulled it home with his 2003 Silverado 1500. He said it even pulled fine behind that truck. So your 3500 Chevy van should pull it with no problem.

bighorn3370

You should have no problem pulling it. Vans are better for towing travel trailerls then a pick-up. The back axle is closer to to the hitch ball. Must people buy pick-ups over a van. That is why you do not see vans towing. Ernie

:)Thanks Jim,
Thank you," all "who have help us with info. The information has been very helpfull...Now to find the right unit and become
a " owner ".....Trevor & Eva

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I would think that the heavier platform of the 3500 series would be more than sufficient to pull a North Trail. You see a wide range of tow vehicles pulling these units. Everything from light half tons to heavy one ton diesels, all with great success. Good luck and enjoy.

New owner ! Just picked up 24RBS 14 Dec. First trip will be No. Central Fla. in Jan.... Maiden Voyage.... Hope all goes well.
Hope to see many of you in Waynesville.April 1213..Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to all ..

tracks

Hope to meet you at Waynesville, NC in April 2013. If you haven't register you need to. Sites are going fast, only 75 sites have been reserved for this rally.