Jack Pads?

Raquel

We don't have our 2013 San Antonio yet but, we're getting all those things that we'll need, like hoses, cords and leveler pads. It's my understanding that it's a good idea to use some sort of pad between the levelers and the "ground"? How big are the feet on the 6-pt leveling system and what do you all use to keep from sinking into the ground or someone's thin asphalt?

Landmark50

Hi Raquel. we have a landmark San Antonio 2012. We went to the farm and garden store here in Oregon called Wilco and bought a large sheet of stable Matt and my husband cut it with the utility knife into 12 x 12 squares. It's a very dense rubber pad that horses walk on And it comes in a 4 x 6 sheet for approximately $40. This works better than anything we've ever tried. Good luck with your new purchase. We love ours!!

hriker

Attached is a thread on this topic that may be helpful. Post #16 is what I have done and it works pretty well for us. Although the cribbing is a little heavy.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...eveling-blocks?p=233133&highlight=#post233133

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
When on dirt or grass, I use 2 X 12 boards cut in 12" lengths. I like the idea of the previous posters use of stable mat. I've not seen it but if it's what I'm thinking, it may prevent the popping noise sometimes associated with the front landing legs. If the material is a hard rubber, it may stop that slight slippage from the mounting angle of the legs.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
What I have found is, even on firm ground (asphalt and concrete), using the level up the trailer tends to creep some. So I will use at least some kind of pad even of those surfaces.

Raquel

Hi Raquel. we have a landmark San Antonio 2012. We went to the farm and garden store here in Oregon called Wilco and bought a large sheet of stable Matt and my husband cut it with the utility knife into 12 x 12 squares. It's a very dense rubber pad that horses walk on And it comes in a 4 x 6 sheet for approximately $40. This works better than anything we've ever tried. Good luck with your new purchase. We love ours!!

Tractor Supply Company has the same thing, or something similar, for the same price. I think we'll go down and check it out tomorrow.