2011 landmark rushmore lighting

zimms

We have a 2011 landmark rushmore and hate the fluorescent lighting. We have nothing but trouble with the plastic lense cracking and now the dealer claims they don't make that light anymore. Would love to convert to a led recessed light to replace the fluorescent stock ones. Tried to search on here and didn't come up with much. Would appreciate any ideas. Thanks

Willym

I would like to do the same thing. However, one of the problems is that each light fixture is secured by up to 4 screws driven into the ceiling material. I don't think that a recessed light is going to cover these. I did get some replacement lenses from Gufstafson lighting last year and these are holding up well.

Try calling Cindy at

Gustafson Lighting
Inside Sales
57766 C.R. 3 South
Elkhart, IN. 46517
574.522.0871 ext. 215

Have your fixture details ready if you call.

rick_debbie_gallant

A person could make a nice looking custom wood bezel to cover the extra holes from the screws. Then mount the lights to that. Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

Im not sure, but the ceiling under the light fixture may not look like the rest of the ceiling after a couple of years of trailer use. Kind of like moving a dresser and you see what the carpet originally looked like.

Before getting too invested in a replacement plan, you might want to take one down to look.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rick_debbie_gallant

My custom bezel will more than cover the old Location. Make it as large as needed. If it is a large area to cover make the bezel an connect two, three or four led pucks together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdungan

We have a 2011 Landmark, Grand Canyon and have been on the road since 11/5/13 and all plastic lenses are either broken or badly cracked. We bought a luxury Heartland 5th Wheel and need to contact Heartland to see if they will replace the lenses or provide a substitute. Also would like to convert to led recessed lighting but it appears to be expensive. Also would like to replace the designer halogen light fixture above the kitchen. I am also writing to Heartland to ascertain how they might resolve the issue.

danemayer

I am also writing to Heartland to ascertain how they might resolve the issue.
Hi cdungan,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's a lot of useful information here along with a great bunch of people who are always willing to help out when needed.

Let me suggest that you call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032. Have your VIN # ready.

If you've been on the road since May 2011 with a 2011 Landmark, you're past the one year warranty on the lights/lenses. If you send an email or a letter, you're very likely to get a response that says you're out of warranty. When you get on the phone, you might get the same answer, but there's a chance that personal contact may get you further.

I think Heartland changed suppliers on the 2011 fluorescent lights in mid-2011 due to ballast problems. If you've had problems with lights overheating and turning off, you might want to mention that in addition to the cracked lenses. I wouldn't be surprised if the cracks are a result of the overheating. Perhaps Heartland will give you an accomodation and replace the lenses or lamps. If not, they should be able to tell you if they have replacement lenses, or where to get them.

Btw, if you join the Heartland Owners Club, there's a 10% discount on parts ordered direct from Heartland. If you end up buying lenses, the savings might be worthwhile.

jjwink

We also have cracked lenses in our 2011 Rushmore. When I called Heartland I was told they had changed suppliers because of problems with the quality of the Gustavsen's product and I needed to contact them directly. Heartland only had 18" replacements for $36 each. If Heartland quit using this vendor due to inferior quality why should their customers have to pay for replacements?