1st trip with Goodyear g614's

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
There have been a few failures noted here on the Heartland Forum but not near as many as other brands. I believe the G614 has a much much lower failure rate but that doesn't mean tire maintenance and keeping an eye on them is any less important.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I lost one last year on my Bighorn, the tread came off, $1100 damage Goodyear made good on it.

Same thing happened to us...cost GY $2,700, Which they paid...we are very heavy, so we now run 17.5 G114's....gives us more than 1,000 pound cushion per tire. Being too close to max load is the issue...IMHO. If you are not, the G614's should do fine....

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Another kudo for Goodyear, albeit for my truck tires, was getting six new ones replaced for free after I notified the company that they would not balance properly and the ride was terrible. The replacements ride much better.

bd2dabone

Had all balanced and installed TPMS. Cool watching psig go up as temperature increases. Started at
100 psig, cool day, 114 psig around 70 degrees.
Trailer pulled great.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
At $400 per tire it takes tire blowouts out of the equation.Wonder if a 614 has failed on an RV?

You can get the G614 for $293 mounted on a steel rim.

At $460 you can get 17.5's. Hispec Alum wheel and cooper rm160 load range H

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MTPockets

Had split on inside sidewall in first 20 miles ........ Goodyear made good... No other problems and no sign of wear after 5,000 miles.