Elkridge for full timing?

cherylbrv

Hi,

I've narrowed down all the floor plans I like, and the Elk Ridge has the most (followed by Big Country). It will be used for full timing (and will be purchased from the proceeds of the sale of my house, whenever that might happen). Is this brand recommended for full timing?

What about Greystone? (I know Landmark and BC are good for full timing)

jbeletti

Cheryl,

My opinion only - I'd say ElkRidge and Greystone may be equally suited for the task of full-time living. Biggest difference between them is overall-height. Sundance/Greystone are mid-profile units whereas Landmark, Bighorn, Big Country, Gateway and ElkRidge are all full-profile units.

I'd say if you and your guests are 5'-10" feet tall or shorter, the mid-profile unit would be a great balance of height/weight/function vs. cost. The height issue is only on the upper level and more so in the bedroom.

GOTTOYS

Big Country, Big Horn and Landmark are all authorized by the factory for full timing. This means the warranty will cover them even if you are using it for full time living. They are all made on the same line and have similar construction and insulation. Any of these are a cut or several cuts above the Elk Ridge line with regards to construction, insulation and amenities. To my knowledge these are the only models in the Heartland lineup that are approved for full-time use. JMHO..Don

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have had our ER for two + years, and although not full-timing, we have camped year-round from -26* to 112* degrees. To us the ER is a great coach, but not really designed for full-timing. Here is my opinion:

The rigs mentioned above that are rated by HL for full timing are designed with that in mind. Better insulated, bigger tanks, stronger frame, more "home-like" amenities (cabinet and basement storage, plumbing and lighting fixtures, quality of surfaces, window treatments, etc.)

We are able to live comfortably in our ER, (longest trip was 23 nights) but with some sacrifices compared to our home.

If we decide to go full-time, we will probably consider a BigHorn or Landmark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sgtbigb

Full timing go with big country or Big Horn!
Hi,

I've narrowed down all the floor plans I like, and the Elk Ridge has the most (followed by Big Country). It will be used for full timing (and will be purchased from the proceeds of the sale of my house, whenever that might happen). Is this brand recommended for full timing?

What about Greystone? (I know Landmark and BC are good for full timing)

ncc1701e

Have you seen this lovely lady anywhere?

sd_3310cl.jpg Sundane 1.jpg Sundane 2.jpg Sundane 8.jpg Sundane 5.jpg

We are sure looking forward to some rewarding time in ours in the upcoming years.

Tom & Millie