3400qb

ncrzrbk

Has anyone purchased this unit as of yet? I think it is fairly new to the Sundance line up. Any thoughts? I will be towing with a Ram 2500 HD CTD CC. I know its close on the weights but the local RV dealer said these are built for the 2500's. Of course, I know they are selling the 5vr. It seems the hitchpin weight is a little low but if its accurate I will be good for the rear axle on the truck. Also, if anyone has insights as the quality of this trailer I would appreciate your comments. We looked at the Greystone but really liked the Sundance more.

danemayer

Hi nzrzrbk,

You might want to visit the Fifth Wheel Safe Towing website to check out both towing and payload. After you add options and your stuff to the trailer, the pin weight is likely to be around 2200, or more. When you add the weight of the hitch, bedliner, cover, tools, passengers, pets, etc. to the truck, you could be overloaded - you'll have to check the truck payload spec. There are various opinions about how big a deal overloading can be. The website may help you sort through it all.