Power Reel Door flip?

wildwolfproducts

Not sure if anyone else thinks the Power Reel Door should be flipped where it opens up rather then down? I keep feeling I will see the power cable rip that door off hanging on it the way it is now. Just take a kid or something to trip over it. But turn it where it opens up and also add a deal to hold it open. And no issue as the cable is laying down and not on the door.
May swap mine around to test it out.
Pete

jpdoggett

Yes I agree with you it should be put on with the door opening up. I talked to Heartland about this when we first got our Landmark but the told me it was a warranty issue, didn't understand it. So who knows

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
When we had one installed, it came that way....really did not like it...we reversed it so it dropped down...like it much better that way.

danemayer

Have you tried rotating the tab in the cover, routing the cord thru the resultant slot, and closing the door? If you leave a little slack, maybe that would work better for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jbeletti

wwp,

I thought the same thing when I got my first one. What some users felt was if it was hinged at the top, it could be awkward to bring the cord in. I use one hand on the switch and one on the cord to guide it onto the reel. I'd need a 3rd hand or a door with a spring-clip to hold it up.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
It would require the hose reel to be flipped.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

wildwolfproducts

Jim I was thinking one of those clips to hold the door up. And will be swapping mine around. Along with putting a spring clip on the switch door also. Hate to have to hold it up when using the switch. Makes me wonder if the person that though these things out. Have never used one there self's?

Michael can't understand what the reel would have to be changed ? Being you only remove the door that covers the outside and flip it then screw it back to the same spot? Just as a spring clip to hold the door open when using the reel.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We reversed ours and installed a clip to hold the door open. With it reversed there is no heavy cord on the light weight plastic door and we are able to keep the door closed when the cord is out. We only reversed the door and there was no alteration of the cord reel itself.

bdb2047

I leave door hang open have full body paint or would flip door.I am going to try and find a way to support cable so it will not pull on door if closed.Has anyone done this?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I just leave the cord hang on the door. Once my cord is out I open one of the little flappers, close the door and let the cord hang.
I have been doing this for over two years, my coach is always plugged in and have not had a problem with any damage to the door. Of course now that I said that........
You just have got to be a little careful with it.
I like it the way it is and would not want to flip the door. I don't really see a need to do that.

Peace
Dave

wildwolfproducts

I leave door hang open have full body paint or would flip door.I am going to try and find a way to support cable so it will not pull on door if closed.Has anyone done this?

We also have the full body paint. And the door is the same color all over so no issue there also.
Pete

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
The cord comes off of the top of the reel. Which leads straight out to the slotted doors. If you turn the door around the hose would not come straight out and be able to enter the slots. I always close my door and most of the time even lock it. Just a cleaner look for me.

Jim I was thinking one of those clips to hold the door up. And will be swapping mine around. Along with putting a spring clip on the switch door also. Hate to have to hold it up when using the switch. Makes me wonder if the person that though these things out. Have never used one there self's?

Michael can't understand what the reel would have to be changed ? Being you only remove the door that covers the outside and flip it then screw it back to the same spot? Just as a spring clip to hold the door open when using the reel.

wildwolfproducts

The cord comes off of the top of the reel. Which leads straight out to the slotted doors. If you turn the door around the hose would not come straight out and be able to enter the slots. I always close my door and most of the time even lock it. Just a cleaner look for me.

WOW that's strange mine wants to use the bottom of the door. Does even put enough pressure on the top of the door to spring it some. But again I will be turning mine upside down. And it will run out the bottom as easy or better then the top.
Pete