Marshall auto switch over

Bob Vaughn

On my TT I had installed a remote gas bottle empty indicator that would blink when one of my gas bottles went empty. I wonder why Heartland has not incorporated this technology into their rv's. I can still add this to my 3250ts but running the cable creates it own set of problems. I know there must be a simple solution to this problem short of taking the camper apart...

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Bob, I added that indicator to our Bighorn a few years ago. I had to drill a couple of holes but it was pretty straight forward once I found the best route for the wire.
I went through the bulkhead behind the LP regulator and routed it on the basement ceiling back towards the steps. Under the steps to the cabinet by the door. I mounted the cabinet on the lower wall next to the light switches. I've been using lithium batteries and have a note on my calendar to change on an annual basis.

wdk450

On my TT I had installed a remote gas bottle empty indicator that would blink when one of my gas bottles went empty. I wonder why Heartland has not incorporated this technology into their rv's. I can still add this to my 3250ts but running the cable creates it own set of problems. I know there must be a simple solution to this problem short of taking the camper apart...

I wonder if you could add some sort of battery operated loud audio alarm to the remote circuitry (with a cutoff switch) and locate it all in the tank compartment. You would hear this inside, and go outside to the tanks to switch tanks and reset the alarm.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I wonder if you could add some sort of battery operated loud audio alarm to the remote circuitry (with a cutoff switch) and locate it all in the tank compartment. You would hear this inside, and go outside to the tanks to switch tanks and reset the alarm.

This actually has some merit because the device that sits on top of the regulator is basically an open/close switch. Too bad we would have to spend $35 to get the whole package and only use the switching device. For me, getting woke up in the middle of the night by an alarm isn't too desireable and we might tick off a neighbor. Still, not a bad idea.

Bob Vaughn

I found the regulator and indicator on the Adventure RVnet web site and ordered them. They immediately charged my credit card for both items. Two days later they sent me an email and said the indicator was no longer available. I went to RV plus web site and sent them an email asking if they had them and they replied that they had 4 in stock. In the mean time the regulator from Adventure rvnet arrived only to be the wrong one. So I had to return it. It took them 10 days to credit my credit card for the indicator that they did not ship. It only took minutes to charge my credit card. Meanwhile the indicator I ordered from RVparts plus never came so I cancelled the order. It will probably take weeks for them to credit my account. That is why I do not like to order over the net because you end up paying shipping both ways. I do not think it is fair when they make the mistake to have to pay shipping. I also do not understand why it takes so long to make refunds.
So in the end I had to settle for a new regulator that I got from Camping World...