Converter not charging

Jimalberta

Hi I noticed my lights getting dim this evening. I checked the incoming power and its ok..I have plenty of 110 volt power throughout the coach..checked the 15 amp breaker for the converter and it was tripped. I reset it but still no voltage to the batteries. I took the cover off the breaker panel and measured voltage out of the breaker to the converter and I have 110 volts going to the converter. The small resettable mini-breaker in the battery compartment was not tripped. I am suspecting that the converter has not worked for a few days as I have solar panels and 4 batteries so it took a while for the batteries to go down. I'm guessing at this. Anyways I guess tomorrow I'll have to find out why the converter decided to quit. In the meantime I connected my backup automatic battery charger to the batteries and turned off the breaker to the converter for tonight.
Any ideas as to what could be going on?
thanks
Jim

DuaneG

My converter stopped working and I did notice there were two additional 40 amp fuses on the converter itself. Not sure if you have the same thing or not. I eventually just had to get a new converter as it was just not working.

danemayer

If the converter is working, when plugged into shore power, you should read over 13V at the battery. If you don't, the converter might be unplugged, it's fuses may have blown, or it may have failed. If you do have > 13V, there's a problem getting converter power to the rest of the system. If not a problem with the 12V circuit breaker, it could be a loose wire in that vicinity, including the ground.

Any other 110V issues? Since the 110V breaker for the converter tripped, maybe there was a campground electrical problem that affected your converter.