PDA

View Full Version : Looking at buying a 2011 Sundance 3200RL

gjackson
11-23-2012, 11:52 AM
Our son is looking at a 2011 Sundance 3200RL travel trailer. He is single and would be living in it full time. We are looking for feedback from some of you who have a Sundance. Any help would be appreciated.

ncc1701e
11-23-2012, 05:57 PM
This is our second Sundance (3210CL). The first was a 2800RL. We are really excited with this unit. It is still new enough that we've not done much camping with it yet. 22265 22266 22267 22268 22269 22270 22271 Dry weight on the unit is 10,750# and for a 37'5" trailer that is not real bad at all.

AnnR
11-23-2012, 08:07 PM
We've had our 2011 Sundance 3200FK TT for a year and love it! It's very similar to the RL, but the floorplan is flipped - our kitchen is in the front, living room in the middle, then the bathroom and the bedroom is in the back. Our kitchen is a little larger, with more counterspace, but the RL has a larger living room. Just depends on your preference. We've found the quality to be good, with only minor problems - we had a leak around one slide, but it was just because the seal had gotten caught - easily flipped the seal back into place, problem solved. The other problem was a little more annoying, but also easily fixed. We had chipmunks in our trailer at the end of the season (October.) I found a kitchen drawer full of hickory nuts and started investigating. There are wooden panels under both the kitchen and bathroom sinks that hide the plumbing from view. After removing these panels, I could see huge gaps of several inches around the incoming water pipes. I patched the holes with steel wool and expanding foam, but really this should have been done by the factory. I've heard this is common with all brands - not just a Heartland problem. Those were the only problems we've had. I really like the quality touches like the sturdy kitchen drawers, beautiful wood cabinets, double kitchen sinks and composite countertops. The trailer feels very solid - no bouncing when you walk through it. This makes it feel very home-like, instead of like a camper. There's a ton of storage, inside and out. The furniture is comfortable, although for full time living I would consider a mattress upgrade. I definitely would recommend a Sundance trailer.

gjackson
11-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Thanks for your feedback. Looks like he might go ahead with the purchase.